“Radisson Blu - Lusaka”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Lusaka
Paarl, South Africa
“Radisson Blu - Lusaka”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Good Day to All I was treveling to Lusaka, Zambia last week (18 to 22 March 2014) We had a Cassava Congress at the Radisson Blu Hotel. I can really reccomend this hotel. Very good and friendly service, extremely friendly people. Good food and drinks. Large pool area with nice bar at the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you found many aspects of the hotel and the service provided to your satisfaction. Such feedback will motivate my team to reach for an even higher standard in guest satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Lusaka.

Nils Rothbarth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a relatively new property so after a long absence since my last visit to Lusaka I thought I should try it out.

The service is very average which is a shame as superb service is what we travellers remember most.

The rooms were below average with a cold tiled floor. Bathroom was small and oddly designed as I couldn't take a shower without the water leaking out of the shower cubicle.

It seems everyone is either not motivated or not interested in the guest. No one had a welcoming "how can I assist you today" attitude.

It was the same story with the restaurant with staff pointing to your enquiry instead of assisting you and taking you there. At lunch there was a seminar or group gathering and tables were few. I received little assistance in finding a table and had to fend for myself.

However the food was great and hands down they had the best cheesecake I have tasted anywhere.

NO I wouldn't stay here again but would definitely return for a meal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We welcome any feedback and employ all points as constructive input to exceed our guest future experiences.

As General Manager however this is not the kind of feedback I like to hear, please be assured all your comments have been taken on board and appropriate staff training will be implemented.

I hope this one off experience does not prevent you from staying with us again in the near future

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I went to Lusaka on business and decided to spoil myself by staying at the Radisson. It is a new hotel and most of the reviews are fantastic. I was given Room 237. Upon entering my room, it had an odd stale smell. I noticed straight away a paper fruit basket with half eaten rotten strawberries and grapes. I looked at my bed and there was a pair of dirty, smelly black male socks ! The sheets were creased, crinkly and looked slept in not too long ago ! The bathroom looked used (leave that to your imagination !) Bridget, the floor manager came up and casually stated " The guest who was meant to have checked out has been in and out of this room the whole day ! " She agreed that the room was not clean and fit for a new guest and moved me to 232. This room was much cleaner and the beddings looked washed and ironed. I took off my clothes to have a shower and a man walked into my room ! Lucky, I had a towel around me. He too had been allocated room 232 as he showed me his card ! He had sense of humour when I told him that he wasn't what I ordered ! There must be a flaw with their key card system as both rooms I had been given seemed to have been allocated to two different guests with totally different names ! Bridget again apologised and bought me dinner. I have nothing else to add except "FAWLTY TOWERS "

Room Tip: Ask the check in staff to make sure the room is ready before you go there !
2 Thank Mukuma
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka Team, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience during your stay with us. We welcome any feedback and employ all points as constructive input to exceed our guests future experiences.

Your feedback is concerning and not the kind a General Manager would like to receive. It has been brought to my attention that there was a miscommunication in regards to your room allocation. Please be assured that stronger and effective communication strategies have been discussed to prevent a similar incident from reoccurring.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the frustrations and inconvenience caused to you. I do hope this one off experience does not prevent you from staying with us again in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is an overpriced hotel and an embarrassment to the Radisson Blu brand. Starting from check in, to the rooms and the food, everything is a disaster. It takes over 30 minutes to check in or to check out. The phones don't work, one has to go to the reception to request assistance. My room did not have hot water, I ended having a cold shower. I spoke to the manager but he seemed not to know anything and not to care. He did not even know that some of the rooms face a roof top.

1 Thank Kennedy M
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. We view any kind of feedback as positive as it allows us to ensure better service to our guests in the future. Please be assured that I have taken your comments on board and I sincerely hope we can restore your faith in the brand and have you come stay with us again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Have stayed here twice in the past 2 months on business.

This is a pretty good hotel. Rooms are well furnished and clean. Power is reliable. Water is also good - hot and colourless and sufficient strength to have a good shower.

Restaurant is buffet style. Will never win a Michelin star, but its perfectly ok and didn't give me food poisoning.

Staff are generally excellent and will go out of their way to help. They are super friendly.

The gym is modern and good. Pool also looks good, but I didn't use it.

1 Thank Davey S
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review regarding your stay with us. A review such as this is one both my team and I like to hear. Such feedback only enables us to strive for even better standards and maintain consistency.

On behalf of the team here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Lusaka.

Ballston
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Reviews of this hotel have been good and I echo all the positive points made and will add a few of my own, toss in an observation or two, and point out a quirk or two.

Rooms are indeed quite spacious, super-modern w/o being over the top, and clean. Good bathroom layout with the mirror well lit (one of my pet peeves). The internet worked well, easy log in process, and was reliable, but not blazing fast (my daily e-reader newspaper download took 2-4 minutes). The desk was well laid out with two easy-to-reach power points that were universal -- they accept all kinds of plugs. Sadly, the desk was dark, but they brought me a desk lamp when I requested one.

The room power is controlled by the room key card; it is a smart card so it is not possible to override it.

Service was fine. I am allergic to feathers and they brought me two nice foam pillows in a trice. When a light bulb exploded in the socket, they had a technician there right away to change it.

Laundry service is available and not unreasonable for a five star hotel: shirt/undershorts/socks: $8.22/$3.65/$3.65.

In the main dining room they over feed you, but the food is good. The dinner buffet looked nice but I did not partake -- just too much food. Poolside, the thin crust pizza was one of the best I have tasted. The spa does a wikked foot massage, poolside if you want.

The hotel is close to a large shopping arcade. For early morning check-out, they have a "Grab and go" coffee and bun table that was really nice.

On the quirky side, my water was always plenty hot, but it would pulse -- surge -- making it hard to get a steady, comfortable flow. It didn't matter for shaving (run a sink full) but in the shower it was a bit annoying. And the in-room safe was very odd. It is on a shelf that is a bit low, and recessed, with the directions (I needed them as I have never seen this sort of a mechanism) in tiny print. I had to get my travel flashlight to sort it all out. The TV channels are few and uninteresting; no BBC.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you from the team here at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. It is always appreciated when a Guest takes precious time to write such a positive and detailed review of their stay with us. As the General Manager I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our amenities and services. The team here all stand together to provide 100% customer satisfaction. We have managed to adopt great communication throughout departments with our unique “Yes I Can!” training and strive for comfortable stays.
With regards to the shower and safe problems experienced in your last room, our Maintenance team was informed and they are working swiftly towards a lasting solution.

Many thanks for your kind words. We are all looking forward to your next visit with us here in Lusaka.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Radisson Blu is well situated, modern and clean hotel. I was certainly surprised by the well equipped rooms, though I found the bath a bit quirky. Very good value for money and beats the other hotels in Lusaka hands down. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your stay with us. As General Manager I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and found many aspects of the hotel to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future Kind Regards