“Shower was a shocker, otherwise satisfactory hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Lusaka
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Shower was a shocker, otherwise satisfactory hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The shower cycled at random between freezing and boiling with no half measures. Room decor was a little odd. But staff very welcoming and food adequate (dinner and breakfast). I'd stay here again, but would check the shower on arrival!

Room Tip: Make sure the shower works!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John A
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lusaka. Please be assured that your comments will be taken on board as we view any kind of feedback from our guests as a positive opportunity for us to achieve even higher standards in guest satisfaction. I do hope you will come and stay with us again soon,

Nils Rothbarth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Greek first
Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was in Lusaka from 4th - 10th with office colleagues to organise a conference at Radisson Blu Hotel in Lusaka. It was my first time of staying in that hotel and i must say i was very impressed with the facilities and services the hotel provided during our stay. The marketing guy (Daka), Trinity, Bright and other staff I cannot remember their names were very nice and helpful.

However, if the hotel management can improve on the following areas it will further boost the services at Radisson Blu - Lusaka.

1. The Business Centre should have a staff dedicated to it because during our conference there were occassions when guests including me needed the services of the centre but there was no one immediately to attend to us. This was because the gentlemen( Trinity & Bright) who were assisting were being used for several other errands ( i thought those guys were over working) really.

2. I second concern has to do with the time we had to wait at the lobby upon our arrival to have our rooms ready for us to check in. My team was organising the conference for very senior government officials from five African Countries and it was pleasant to see them waiting for long at the lobby after such long hours of travel.

I hope my review will be considered.

Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lusaka. I was delighted to read that that several of my staff were able to assist you and make your stay even more enjoyable. Please be assured we view any kind of customer feedback as positive as it allows us to better ourselves and reach even higher standards and so of course I will take your comments on board and liase with my staff.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Tromsø, Troms, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just dont get it. In March I booked into Radisson Blu at Trondheim airport and was charged kr750 for a wonderful room on the 5th floor, well carpetted and beautifully furnished. Breakfast was a sumptious buffet that I really enjoyed. Took a plane to Lusaka and since I arrived late that same night, decided to book into the same hotel chain since I was promised a rebate. Norway is supposed to be only second to Japan when it came to expensive places to visit but someone should take a serious look at Zambia. There was a buffet for dinner, nothing special but the room I was made to pay K1500 (about US300)for was so sterile, (black and white ceramic tiles) huge, sparsely furnished and on the ground floor! I asked them if it was a handicapped room but they denied it.Never again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Richard C
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lusaka. We view any kind of feedback as positive as it allows us to ensure better service to our guests in the future. Please be assured that I have taken your comments on board and will liase with senior management about the issues you have raised. I was delighted to read at the beginning of your review that you had chosen Radisson Blu as our first choice at Trondheim as we do pride ourselves on being a reliable and high standard chain and so I sincerely hope we can restore your faith in the brand and have you come to stay with us again.

Kindest Regards,

Nils Rothbarth,
berkeley, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

When I travel, I appreciate friendly and competent staff. We were met very late at the airport by prearrangement which was much appreciated. However, we were first assigned a room that when was already occupied, giving the occupant a start as well as ourselves. The door knob fell off the bathroom door, and the bath tub, while modern was such an odd shape that it wasn't very functional. The food was quite good and, again, the staff was very friendly and attentive. We booked online and I think got a pretty good price. Good location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lusaka. It is very encouraging to read that you found our staff to be friendly and attentive as we pride ourselves on trying to deliver the best service possible we can to our guests and so it makes our hard work worth it. However, please be assured that your comments regarding your room have been taken on board and we will endeavour to rectify any outstanding issues as soon as we can.

Thank you once again for your review, I really appreciate it,
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This brand new Radisson Blu has great rooms - at least the one I was in. It was having an appartment feeel over it, in stead of the classic hotel room layout. Also the direct room access to the pool area was nice.
Super friendly staff.
A little dissapointing fitness cardio equipment as this hotel is new. They should have had tv-screen.

A very good choice of hotel in Lusaka.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lusaka! We have always envisioned that our guests should see Radisson Blu as a "home from home" and so to hear that you found our rooms to be more than just a standard hotel layout, made all of our hard work worth it.

I was very humbled by your review and really hope you will come and stay with us again soon and thank you once again for writing such a positive review. It is much appreciated,

Lilongwe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you have visa card in Euro, is not acceptable! I book superior room and receive standard one, in general OK, but no deserve the money!,Location good near a big shopping moll, restaurants and cinema. Sundays big market with local souvenirs.

Room Tip: superior is better lake standard and difference is 20$
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank roscamalawi
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lusaka. Please be assured we have taken on board your comments and will look to improve in the areas you have mentioned. We hope you will find your next stay with us even more enjoyable.
Nils Rothbarth,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very good hotel and certainely the best in Lusaka.
Close to many malls Manda hills, ...
International standard for rooms and excellent breakfast.
The price is sometimes over value for money so book in advance
Finally, very nice swimming pool !
Enjoy it

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluLusaka90, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I was delighted to recieve such positive comments regarding your stay here at Radisson Blu, Lusaka. As a team we always strive to provide our guests with the best service possible and I really appreciate that you took the time to write a kind review. Please come and stay with us again soon,