“Fancy, But needs to go the extra mile!”

Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Lusaka
Chisamba, Western, Zambia
“Fancy, But needs to go the extra mile!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We spent one night at the Radisson. The room looked amazing and spacious. There were a few problems: there was no hot water in the afternoon/evening, the tv remote batteries were dead, bathroom cleanliness was 8/10, reservations failed to make and confirm our dinner reservation at the restaurant - luckily there was still a table available, on check-out the staff took about 30min to figure out what we had consumed out of the mini-bar.
But otherwise, the staff were very well-spoken and excellent manners.
These are minor problems to some, but I would advise to double check everything and double check requests have been carried out.

Room Tip: Book a room that leads out to the pool! Not noisy at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluLusaka, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay with us, it is only with feedback like yours that we can fine tune our operations and improve our service delivery. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

We view issues of this nature in a very serious light. I can assure you, this is not the standard of service that we intend to provide. Intense training shall be conducted through the relevant department heads to avoid incidence of this nature recurring. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

I hope this will not deter you from staying with us in future. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nils Rothbarth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
Mazabuka
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I live in the Southern Province and have stayed at just about every decent hotel in Lusaka....Rad Blu is the best by far. Gorgeous rooms, exceptional staff, excellent foo, and a location that can't be beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluLusaka, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Ms, Gretchen,

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I will definitely share your message with my team. We are glad to hear that we are your preferred choice of Hotels in Lusaka.

Your loyalty is appreciated and we value you as a client. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the fairly new Radisson Blu hotel at the recommendation of a friend. I was impressed from the start when I was offered a much needed ice cold bottle of water, in the shuttle from the airport. When I got to the hotel, the reception start was efficient and although there was some confusion with the room it was quickly sorted out. The overall hotel is very modern and the rooms are really, really huge.

I spent quite a bit of time at the Pool Bar, which is situated in a rather serene setting near the pool. The staff, whether at reception, at the the pool bar or in the main restauarant were consistently helpful and friendly.

The breakfast is ok and the food at the pool bar I felt was a little sub-par and often quite greasy, but was still edible.

Overall however, with the central location which was close to most of my business meetings as well as the perfect service has made this my hotel of choice in Lusaka.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rothbarth, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay. Your views are extremely important to us. I will definitely share your message with my team.

I am delighted to read that you were pleased with our services and all Radisson Blu associates went out of their way to make you feel most comfortable.

I also read that you were not happy with our Food and Beverage offering, which I have taken note of and have forwarded your feedback to our senior F&B team. I am glad that you have raised these issues, we will use them as a platform for future improvements.

I am pleased that you will be returning to the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka and I am looking forward to meeting you in person at our hotel.

We look forward to having you back.

See you soon!

Kind regards
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I rate the RadissonBlu in Lusaka as excellent. I have stayed for 3 weeks, then again for 6 weeks. I have also stayed in other hotels in Lusaka. The hotel is brand new (opened in Sept 2012). The rooms are huge - the biggest I have ever stayed in; and with marble tile floors, not carpet.Everything works in the rooms; including the best wireless internet in Lusaka; which is included in the tariff. As well as the restaurants and bars at the hotel, it is a 2-minute walk across the road from the hotel to the Arcades Shopping Centre, at which there is a hotel, casino and many restaurants and cafes.

The staff just cannot do enough for you. They are very friendly, courteous, happy and always welcoming. The pool area and bar is very spacious, relaxing and easily the best I have seen in Lusaka. My two check-ins and check-outs have been faultless and quick.

As with any hotel, there are occasional little hiccups; however, the 2 or 3 I have had have been attended to promptly, and without fuss.

Nils, the General Manager, and Carsten, the Assistant General Manager are both very warm, friendly, helpful and welcoming. If you have a problem, then simply approch them if the staff have any difficulty with it. Nils and Carsten are very happy to be approached and will assist - and not just say that they will do something.

If you stay for even 3 or 4 nights, then also introduce yourself to Herbert and Clinton, who are the restaurant managers. They are terrific in their manner, warmth and friendliness. They also are most happy to assist. Herbert is simply a lovely, friendly Zambian ambassador.

Simply, you will never find absolute perfection in everything in a hotel. However, I recommend the RadissonBlu very strongly. I will be staying in Lusaka for 18 weeks altogether in 2013, travelling on business, and it will always be at the Radisson.

Best wishes,

Colin O'Gorman
Brisbane
Australia

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr O’Gorman,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka.

It was quite humbling to read your beautiful and most complementary review. We are delighted that the Radisson Blu team was able to exceed your expectations.

My sincere thanks for recommending our hotel to all your friends and colleagues.

In the meantime I look forward to welcome you back at the Radisson Blu Hotel when you next visit Lusaka.

Very best regards

London
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Outstanding hotel with all you would expect from Radisson - great food, lovely rooms. But what sets this place apart is the service. Extremely attentive and friendly staff in all parts of the hotel. I don't expect people to remember my name but they did, including after a gap of two days to visit the north of Zambia when I was greeted with a 'welcome back Mr Nichols' as I came through the front door. It's not the cheapest place in Lusaka, which is generally very pricey for hotels, but the service justifies the price. The spa is good too, though I agree with other reviewers that some of the masseuses are a bit sadistic! I will be back.

• Stayed January 2013
RadissonBluLusaka, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay.

I am delighted to receive your compliments. It was our pleasure hosting you. Please feel free to contact me personally for any assistance and/or queries in future. Your loyalty and support is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

It has taken time for me to write this review because some of my friends have had fantastic time at this hotel whist others have gone back to their old favorite hotels in Lusaka. My experience was uniquely terrible from arrival may be because of the time of the year but I guess for management to leave the doors open then they knew what they were doing.
I booked online with promise that it was the most competitive rate and should it be that I find a better rate there was a promise of some action. I arrived at the hotel and the young lady at the front desk wondered why I was paying $235 when the hotel was running a promo for $145. She tried to have me enjoy the promotional rate but NO manager was available to attend to her query. After an hour of attempting to be of service she offered to upgrade my room to a business room. The process took a good thirty minutes. Finally I got to the room and the floor was dirty. I humbly requested the young man who escorted me to have the floor cleaned but that was not done until check out.
I could not park my car anywhere close to the hotel since patrons in the restaurant took all the slots nearby so ended up walking from near the main roadside in frustration.
Check out was also an experience as one cashier battled to clear almost a dozen people whist other staffs watched hopelessly.
Not very good experience on the first day of 2013.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Berry M
"Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire team at Radisson Blu Lusaka, I wish to sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience that you had at our property.

As an international brand which prides itself on service, we thank you for highlighting the areas of concern. The feedback we receive enables us to target problem areas and to further take the necessary corrective actions. We acknowledge the comments and we furthermore confirm that we failed to deliver the warm Hospitality that your acquaintances experienced and what we are best known for.

It is with absolute regret that you were exposed to such service lapses as our teams were adequately trained to deal with such daily procedures efficiently , for our goal is to consistently provide superior service and accommodation to our guests.

We appreciate your patience with our Front Office team on both your arrival and departure; and most importantly on their misinterpretation of rates on offer and the inconvenience incurred thereof as a result. Management's absence during all these encounters will be investigated and tackled sternly as our main aim is to offer support and guidance to our teams which is clearly defined in our service ethos of "Yes I Can" which is practiced across the board.

The succession of disappointments you were exposed to during your stay are inexcusable service failures that will be addressed with the seriousness they deserve to ensure that we eliminate the possibility of this re occurring again in the near future as excellence is not an accomplishment but it is rather a spirit and a never ending process that Hoteliers strive to master.

As a Hotel Manager, I am most disturbed to learn about the level of frustration you had to endure without satisfactory closure nor solutions hereof. We fully consent that there are many choices when it comes to lodging in Lusaka ; I however sincerely hope that my assurance in dealing with the reported incidents will restore your confidence in booking with Radisson Blu Lusaka for all your future travels thus creating a journey of unforgettable memories for 2013 and years to come.

Lusaka, Zambia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel staff were lovely (I have added a 5 star review in addition for the hotel), but this review relates to the Ozori Spa alone.
After wincing, saying ouch and asking for lighter pressure the massage was still too hard. A colleague knocked on the door and came in 2 times during my massage, the second time I had to cover my own modesty with a towel as the door was answered!
Once over I was told that I cannot add the massage to my room bill! The staff discussed in their local language and I had to go back to my otel room to get money, only to be told they have no change so would I be happy paying the extra!!
I spoke to the hotel reception who quickly dealt with the situation returning my money and apologising. It has put a damper on my stay having to deal with the bad attitude of the spa staff!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rebecca T
RadissonBluLusaka, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear valued Guest,

I would like to express my sincere apology for the negative experience of our spa facility. I thank you for taking the time out to inform me of your experience, it will help our service provider to fine tune their operations.

I have immediately called a meeting with the management team and owner of the Uzuri Spa to rectify these issues. I hope this shall not deter you from staying with us again.

Thank you for your loyalty and support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.