“Wonderful stay, great experience.”

Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Lusaka
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 5 days at this hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed. We normally stay at the Intercontinental hotel but we will now make this our regular choice. Excellent facilities, fantastic rooms, great location. The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful, especially our waiter Ronald in the restaurant bar. Breakfasts are brilliant, lots of choice. We had dinner at the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. The pool area and jacuzzi were beautiful. A much easier location for the airport and the shops. We will be back next March and really looking forward to it.

• Stayed: November 2012
RadissonBluLusaka, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I will definitely share your message with my team.

We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Internet once I plugged in was excellent compared to all other places in Lusaka where I have stayed. Staff still in training. Never did get my shirts back folded despite big marks on laundry, a burned out light went unrepaired despite leaving the burned bulb out and calling and having maintenance come to room to see. Gym and pool great and food above average. Will make this home on all future trips. Very clean and staff friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012
RadissonBluLusaka, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay. Your views are extremely important to us. I will definitely share your message with my team.

However, I am disheartened that we did not get the specifics right with your laundry and some maintenance issues. I am glad that you have raised these issues, we will use them as a platform for future improvements.

I am pleased that you will be returning to the Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka. We look forward to having you back.

See you soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel to Lusaka twice a year for work. This hotel has just opened, so I only have one experience staying. However, I would highly recommend this hotel based on my 1+ week stay there. The hotel is beautifully decorated, feels very new, and is kept immaculately clean. The pool area is lovely and relaxing, and the have a nicely equipped (if somewhat small) gym for guests. The on site food was well done, however, it was a little pricey (as food at hotels tend to be). I would say the thing that really sells the hotel as my go-to place to stay in Lusaka is the courtesy and attentiveness of the staff. The Radisson seems to have paid a lot of attention to training the staff and everyone is exceptionally nice and attentive to the traveler's needs. They are still having a few hiccups as they get started (computer and phone system issues), but I imagine those will be worked out in the next few months (I stayed there within 1 month of the official opening). Overall, I had a great, relaxing stay. Really beautiful hotel and the staff were exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBluLusaka, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your stay. Your constructive feedback is important to us.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty and will communicate your message to my Team. We will strive to continue delivering quality services and maintaining our standards. I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lusaka.

See you soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Radisson Blu is a refreshing addition to a city that has been short of high quality hotel rooms for many years. The hotel structure itself is of unique (strange) design, but what it loses from this, is gained ten-fold by the modern and chic interior decor. The service is however pretty poor and mediocre, and the staff largely inexperienced or not of the standard that you would expect from a large international chain. On two occasions I was the "invisible" guy at the swimming pool bar and "invisible" once again when I ventured into the main restaurant for dinner. It is difficult to be served when you are "invisible" and worse still when staff shortages are blamed for your "invisibility".....!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBluLusaka, Training Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on the quality of our service. I am saddened to hear that my Staff made you feel invisible. There is no excuse for the quality of service you received. Your feedback is valuable to us, as it helps us identify areas that need improvement.

I can assure you, that this is not the quality of service we would like to promote at our hotel. I hope that this shall not deter you from visiting us again in future.

Hope to see you soon!

Training Manager
Pemba Mwepu

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I visited Lusaka on a business trip and was pleased with this hotel. The best thing for me was the free WiFi which I needed for work and could be accessed anywhere in the hotel. The rooms were very clean and well decorated. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. My only complaint is the shower temps change from cold to hot while in the shower. I didn't take a nice shower the whole time because I couldn't stay under the water from fear of being shocked with a blast of scolding hot water.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBluLusaka, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Kelly,

I am glad to hear that despite your negative experience you would try us again. On behalf of my Team, please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused. I am happy that you have brought this to my attention.

This information will be used to fine tune operations. Our maintenance Team shall thoroughly inspect all rooms and solve all issues, to enable us meet and exceed your expectations on your next visit.

See you soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Its not all bad, the rooms are large and spacious and kept very clean, they have all the usual extras like Sat TV and WiFi. It has a great pool and the staff are very friendly. For my trip the hotel is ideally located so i did not have to fight the rush hour traffic each day. The downside..... Service in the restaurant is slow, the menu is very limited, the meat served was not the meat expected (Chef does not know the difference between Rump and Fillet Steak). Rooms are very clinical, shower temperature changes and mini bar snacks are limited to crisps, nuts or a Kit Kat. At $225 a night, in my opinion it is not worth the asking price, hence my rating of Poor. This is my first visit to Lusaka and my last to this venue.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DAW2202
RadissonBluLusaka, Executive Chef at Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am extremely disheartened to hear about your experience with us. Currently, our full Filini menu has not yet been launched and Rump steak will only be available at a later stage. However, this is no excuse for been served an improper cut of meat.

On behalf of my entire Team, I would like to apologise. I can assure you that this is not the type of service we intend to provide. Please allow me an opportunity to make this situation right with you. Kindly contact me directly using the below email address.

Executive Chef
Carsten Gust
alice.schultz@radissonblu.com

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I spent just over a week at this hotel.

It is very new and as such was still going through a few teething problems. but that said it is by far one of the better if not best hotel in the city.

Rooms are thoughtfully designed, seperate bath and shower
The rooms are very good in size
lighting is perfect in the rooms, you can switch between dim for bedtime and bright for office work, this is a huge help as most hotels in lusaka do not provide in my opinion adequate light when you need to get business work done.

Staff: very friendly: can be a bit slow at times but again very polite.

Gym, great size, clean and updated same with the pool. However when i was there the sauna was not working but that is soon to be fixed.

Room suggestion. Aviod if possible 1st floor facing outside. Although the windows are reflective during the day, at night its not that good and during the evening i had to draw the curtains. it is especially bad if you are towards the entrance of the hotel as it is near the drop off point for oether guests. My advice go for pool facing or second floor if facing the car park.

Breakfast is great, good variety and care. The staff make every effort and you can ask them to make things not on the buffet and if possible they will.

Price: i often travel for business and this hotel is open for negotiation for long term stay and repeat business. They gave me a price i could not refuse.

Room Tip: Room suggestion. Aviod if possible 1st floor facing outside. Although the windows are reflective dur...