“Great European Cafe”

The Cake Bar & Patisserie
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Lusaka
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Cake Bar is the ideal place to get the day started with freshly brewed Zambian Arabica coffee, fresh juices, fresh croissants and a hearty breakfast! All while you read the morning papers/magazines and watch the news. We have a range of both local and international magazines and newspapers to keep your mind occupied. We also provide wireless internet and light meals and salads. Ideal place to have a quick business meeting over lunch, after which you can finish off with smoothies, milkshakes and our selection of cakes and Italian gelato. When you happen to find yourself this side of Lusaka, avoid the traffic and take a break with us. If you don't find yourself this side of Lusaka, then make sure you make a special trip just to experience what we have to offer :)
san jose
“Great European Cafe”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is an excellent place to have a coffee and pastry or a light meal before or after doing your shopping at Pik 'n Pay or browsing the rest of Makeni Mall outside of Lusaka. I had a delicious extra large cappuccino which came with two sweet biscuits. The service was excellent and the owner helped my husband and I with travel suggestions. Great hospitality and nice European vibe. Newspapers available for reading. Busy but not crowded. Comfortable chairs and sofas.
Tip: if you are overlanders headed into Lusaka from Eureka Camping or Sandy's Creations Lodge, this mall and cafe is a great place to stop, check email, and load up on provisions.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank fosterkane
TheCakeBarZambia, Owner at The Cake Bar & Patisserie, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear fosterkane,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear of your positive experience. Do spread the word of Zambian hospitality back home. Thank you :)

Lusaka, Zambia
“Best place in Lusaka for a coffee and cake!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been hearing about this place for the past couple of months and I decided to go and check it out.

The coffee was really good and they also have a range of syrups. I had a vanilla cake and a biscuit. They were both really nice. They have great prices aswell.

The only problem with this place is that they are situated on the other side of Lusaka and I can't go as much as I would like to.

It is a must for anyone in the area.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Rhiannas_world
TheCakeBarZambia, Owner at The Cake Bar & Patisserie, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Rhiannas_world,

Even though we are a year later to acknowledge, we sincerely thank you for your stellar review of The Cake Bar. Our coffees are still just as good and so are our cakes.

As for being on the other side of town, we are happy to announce that we shall be opening our second (bigger) cafe in a much more central location.
Livingstone, Zambia
“The Cake Bar”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you like stale disappointment filled with sour cream then this is the place for you! Further to this if you like the staff to argue with you about said disappointment then for sure this is not to be missed!

However we do often stop here for coffee which is very good!

• Visited December 2012
ZLsk, Manager at The Cake Bar & Patisserie, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Ashcalabash,

Thank you for your feedback, as laced as it may be with sarcasm! We are deeply sorry to hear of your experience, and we'd like to assure you that this was a rarity. However, it it still inexcusable and we will certainly look into both the stale and sour disappointment as well as the staff attitude. .

We hope to continue having you for coffee and hopefully win you back for some not so stale cake!

Regards
“Pleasant little European style coffee and cake shop.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

As I finished my shopping, I looked for a place to relax, and came across this place with comfy sofas and a nice ambience. It was raining outside and the aroma of coffee and baked goodies sent me back to Paris. They have wifi, power sockets under the tables (it's the little things that make a big difference, as I sat down with the laptop on empty). It reminded me my time at University working and discussing long hours over coffee at bespoke cafes, if only we had places like this. Nice pleasant place, where I plan to spend more time again soon...

3 Thank EricHadze
Dear EricHadze,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Cake Bar. You'll be happy to note that the service and the food and the coffees are just as good as when you reviewed the cafe.
Bangkok
“Attentive service, vast selection of cakes”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Cake Bar is located on the ground floor of the Makeni Mall, a good place to have a coffee and cake either before or after shopping at PnP. At my 1st visit I had a Black Forest cake, surprisingly delicious so far away from Black Forest in Germany but one ingredient was missing, the "Kirschwasser", a cherry spirit. The next time I had a chicken sandwich with complementary Greek salad, recommended by the owner, and I was not disappointed. Olive oil and balsamico vinegar (owners of restaurants take note!) were available for the salad although it had been prepared to perfection. The service was friendly and attentive. Wireless internet is available but against a fee, the culture of free internet access at cafes has not yet reached Lusaka unlike Livingstone.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank kilovolt500
Dear kilovolt500,

Thank you for your review of The Cake Bar, and apologies for not replying in due time. You will be pleased to note that our sandwiches are as popular as ever together with the salads, and now we have introduced a small breakfast menu as well. Our range of cakes have increased too. Hope to have you again.