“lovely spot”

The Sugarbush Cafe
Ranked #9 of 138 Restaurants in Lusaka
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sugarbush Cafe operates alongside Jackal & Hide Shop at Sugarbush Farm. Our aim is to provide a friendly family orientated location away from the bustle of town where you can shop for handmade leather goods, interiors and jewellery and enjoy delicious homemade fresh food including Organic Salads, Sunday Roasts, Pastas, Steaks, Burgers and a Kid's Menu in a safe and friendly rural location. The Cafe is under new management and your hosts Pat Chapple and Julia Tunney are working hard to re-establish a friendly neighbourhood location that meets the needs of our visitors from all over Lusaka and internationally. They've set up a great little deli-store selling the very best of Zambia's home grown artisan foods and basic provisions so that you can take home the freshest ingredients for your next meal once you've eaten your delicious lunch at the Sugarbush Cafe. Every month there are sundowner functions and small events to watch out for and we are always happy to book private parties at this lovely venue. We look forward to seeing you enjoying a meal, a coffee or a glass of wine, browsing the delicatessen, picking fresh veggies in the garden or trying a new handbag on for size. It's a great day out for the whole family at Sugarbush Farm
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great place to drive to during the day. Slightly out of town, very beautiful spot. Nice cafe, service good food and drink and leather shop made for a very enjoyable trip. Would recommend it for visitors.

There are newer reviews for The Sugarbush Cafe

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Good, tasty food was had at Sugar Bush. The chips were especially tasty. Good selection of hearty and healthy options. Whilst we didn't choose a burger, our neighbour did, and they looked amazing. What makes this a great place for food is the gorgeous outdoor seating and gardens to stroll around. The service was also prompt and friendly.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to this place this morning and my partner and I both enjoyed our meals. They have good coffee offering decaf as well. I had a cheeseburger and my partner had the big breakfast (see photos) They have good meal quite fresh and tasty and they have a great little range of cakes and slices. I was disappointed to find my chips were cold. I had the apple pie it was nice but it needed cream or ice cream, it came with nothing. This place is great for families (of any age), couples, friends, work mates or by yourself.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My sisters, a friend and i had breakfast there this morning. First the orders got mixed up, only half of what my friend ordered was brought and then my sister found a hair in her toast. When the Manager was called rather than offering to replace food or offer some kind of restitution she began to explain what she and/or the Chef thought the hair was!
It is a nice setting and i had heard so many good things about it. I was very disappointed!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We lived down the road from Sugarbush for a couple of years and bought veggies there every few days or so. Always enjoyed going there, communing with the lazy Jack Russel and occasionally shopping a bit in Jackal and Hide. Had a chance to visit the new facility in July of 2012 and very much enjoyed sitting on the veranda with a pot of tea and some pastry. Truly a lovely spot. A visit to Mary's Book Store next door is worthwhile should you happen to go to Sugarbush.