Nice hotel location, not too far from the airport and easy to get around as close to the centre. Located in the Embassy district. Building looks dated and inside clean but to the normal Intercontinental standards I have seen elsewhere. Perhaps because it’s Africa.
Has only one bar which is fairly ok. Down side of the bar is the attraction start coming in from 5.30pm and don't badger you too much.
Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are ok but air-con is not. Rooms do not cool down quickly enough.
Garden is kept clean and pool is checked daily.
Food is clean and plentiful portions.
Real downside was the internet, really slow possibly at Dial-Up speed when I was using it. Tried different times of the day & night – still the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Lusaka is the preferred destination for businesspeople as well as those who want a leisurely escape. Embassies and government buildings are just across the street and the main shopping and commercial districts are within a 10-minute drive. Of interest are the Lusaka Museum, Kabwata Cultural Village and Mundawanga Botanical Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Lusaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotels Lusaka Hotel Lusaka
- Inter Continental Hotel Lusaka
- Lusaka Inter-Continental
- Inter-Continental Lusaka