Southern Sun Ridgeway
$88
Orbitz.com
$166
Orbitz.com
All reviewsweaver birdsbaby crocodilessmall crocodilesmeet and greetbusiness tripsmall gymenjoyed my staybusiness hotelplace to stayairport shuttleother hotelsan oasisexcellent hotelreception staffpleasant stayrooms are cleanpond
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Arriving for my first stay at this hotel on a short business trip to Lusaka, I left a happy traveller two days later.
My colleague and I were welcomed at the airport by a very friendly lady, driven in a comfortable hotel shuttle to the hotel were we found receptionists with a great smile who checked us in efficiently.
The room was comfortable with air conditioning that allowed to get the room to a temperature that I like: not blown out of bed, not frozen in the middle of the night; just right! Seeing the surrounds of the hotel, spacious lush and green, was a pleasant surprise. The patio on which breakfast is served is a wonderful environment to get started for the day: weaver birds doing their thing in a well kept pond with the sound of water circulating from the water feature. A treat, as is the inside breakfast room which has a nice atmosphere and again, great staff.
You need a car for the day or a taxi for a ride to town, all taken care of without any problem.
The early morning ride to the airport when we left was smooth and we got there well in time.
All in all, this hotel is not minimalist modern with fancy colours and glittering light, shining chrome ornaments and objects d'art all over the show; for that experience suggest you go elsewhere. If you are looking for that warm, somewhat traditional (not the same as old fashioned) feel try this hotel. I'm quite sure you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SSRidgeway, General Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, we appreciate your feedback very much. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments, which I will pass on to the team.

Deputy General Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've stayed here many times over the last 2 years. This hotel has some of the most reliable and consistent standards I've come across. The staff are exceptionally polite. The quality of decor and finishes in the rooms varies a bit, but all of them are comfortable. The grounds are well kept and the pool area is a relaxing place to spend your downtime. Food is consistently good and you'll need to resist the temptation to pig out at breakfast! A haven to come back to at the end of a busy business day.

Room Tip: For maximum peace and quiet, get a room that overlooks the garden
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SSRidgeway, Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, we appreciate your feedback very much. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments, which I wil pass on to the team.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Staying two nights in this hotel for business. Room was on the street side and there were some noise during the nights. Altough this room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very nice, they had even chef every morning to cook omelettes by request. Staff were helpful and nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ville M
SSRidgeway, General Manager at Southern Sun Ridgeway, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel, we appreciate your feedback very much. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments, which I will pass on to the team. Please ask for a room facing the gardens on your next stay, which are quieter and we can also make a note of your request for the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business and was very impressed by this hotel. Cleanliness and food were superb, Rooms excelleNt (I stayed in the executive room) will definitely stay here again. Good value for Lusaka

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for one night for business trip. Rooms were clean, internet connection was good. I could work and rest in silence.I was pleased over all but if this hotel was not in Africa, there's no way it will cost that high.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel, we appreciate your feedback very much. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our costs are high in this part of Africa, which is reflected in our room rates.