“Unbelievable Experience”

Limassol, Cyprus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Experience”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

One of the truly beautiful places to have a holiday or even just a day trip.
Chaminuka Lodge is surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery with an abundant variety of wildlife & birds...just ask my daughter, she likes nothing more than going on the game drives!!
With top class cuisine and luxurious rooms, one can truly relax although they have a multitude of activities for those who want...horse riding, fishing etc.
Over the years i have visited many resorts in Zambia & Africa in general and Chaminuka really is an exceptional place with great value...A Must Visit!

3 Thank zdevilael

• Korean first
Lusaka
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“the wonderful world of Chaminuka”
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Chaminuka is a wonderful wildlife reserve on the outskirts of Lusaka, 15 minutes from the International airport. With a wide range of wildlife, birds and fauna Chaminuka is a fantastic place to visit to get a feel of a game park ...as close as you can get! The Sardanis' have converted their home into a 5 star hotel and with wonderful views for sunrise and sundowners from the "Insaka", with excellent cuisine chaminuka is always worth a visit, either as a day visitor or for several days with family and friends.

as a regular visitor over many years I have always found the staff at chaminuka friendly and accommodating and always willing to sort out occasional hiccups, which is the most important thing as every establishment will have these issues.

As a regular day tripper my children love the fishing, my wife the photographic opportunities with the birds and wildlife and me with a glass of wine at sundown :-)

5 Thank siphophiri
Cape Town Central, South Africa
302 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,157 helpful votes
“Great Airport Hotel”
Reviewed January 18, 2009

I booked this hotel because of its good reviews on TA and its proximity to the airport, as I had an early morning flight. I wasn’t disappointed and apparently many people flying in via BA do the same thing.

I was met at the airport and efficiently helped through immigration before ushered into a well maintained aircon van and offered drinks. (You pay $50 extra for transfers).

The drive to the lodge is about 45 minutes on unsealed roads which can get very bad during the rainy season, so 4 wheel drives are necessary. As I had a very early morning flight, I needed to leave the lodge at 5 AM, so the Lusaka based driver slept over the night at no extra charge. Everyone was very punctual.

The lodge is set in a landscaped garden and surrounded by several man made and natural ;lakes, one of which you can go on a boat cruise on (included in the price). A 1.5 hour safari ride is also included in the price but it is a bit disappointing if you have seen the real thing, although the guide is very knowledgeable. In addition to being a great transit hotel if you have at least half a day free (it’s expensive if not because the price includes so many activities), this is a popular venue for conferences. There is WIFI access and a minibar with soft drinks (free). The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. Everything is very clean. Food is good and portions (buffet style) generous.

Staff are eager to please and friendly. They got up at 4:30 AM just to make me breakfast. The owners are Greek who have been farming in Zambia for 30 years--they still produce cheese onsite and you can see how this is done. They know a lot about the country and also have an art collection of African artificats.

I will stay here again if coming through Lusaka. This is certainly one of the best transit stops I’ve ever experienced. Sure beats the usual bland airport hotel.

6 Thank poleinahole1
uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Ripped off big time at Chaminuka”
Reviewed July 24, 2008

The safari park Chaminuka was ok, nothing special. The awful thing is that we got ripped off big time. We were quoted 100USD for the all day safari when we called from our hotel to book it. After we did the safari we were charged 300USD, id est three times as much as the quote!!! After arguing with them, they reduced the price to 195USD blaming mistakes with the exchange rates. I think this is terrible, it left a sour taste in our mouth. So please be careful if you decide to visit Chaminuka, they will rip you off!!!

9 Thank Nicoletaw