“Worth a daytrip” 3 of 5 bubbles

69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Worth a daytrip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Me and my colleagues spend a day at Chaminuka. It seems to be favourite day trip destination, there were alot of people. It was a memorable day. They have special day trip rates which include a game drive, horseriding, fishing, boating and buffet luch for ZMK 390. We got there and booked whatever activities we wanted. The game drive was ok. The driver was a bit fast for me (later I realised why, there are so many day visitors they were driving in and out like crazy, so I guess they wanted to push in as many trips as possible). Also he tried to get closer to the animals sometimes chasing them rather away. The horse riding was fun. It is within the reserve, so we passed the elephants (not too close) and giraffes (my horse was a bit afraid of that tall animal). Afterwards we had some good lunch. Agian due to the high numbers of visitors the meat was a bit raw-medium for my taste (it is all grilled right then and there). They also served some cheese from their own cattle cheese factory. It was quite a hot day so we spend relaxing at the veranda and pool until we returned to Lusaka.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Annette S

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I visited during a trip to Lusaka. Had a great day involving a game drive, boat trip and walk with a ranger. The food at lunch was good. I particularly recommend the Cheetah interaction, you have to pay a little more but it is well worth it.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank ababoxall
Bhubaneswar, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A collector's place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The collection of art and craft and the overall ambience is great. There is nothing meriting a "dislike".

Visited June 2013
Heidelberg
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Spent the day at the Chaminuka Game Reserve with a group of friends and colleagues and had a wonderful time! Did the cheetah expereince and have to say that it was the most interesting things I've done. Wow! They were such interesting animals and the caretakers really believed in the program they were offerring. The safari portion was also very interesting and the guides were very accomodating, attempting to get us to every animal, no matter what. They answered lots of questions and made the experience a once in a lifetime trip! The lodge was very beautiful and the food excellent. I would highly recommend visiting this game reserve and doing the cheetah experience. What a fantastic opportunity!

Visited August 2013
Kolkata
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“As expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Its on the outskirts of Lusaka city . We did see antelopes , two elephants and giraffes. Its good for a half day visit, enjoy the lunch at the cafeteria. I did not expect much at the park, so was really not disappointed

Visited August 2013