“Memorable Experience”

Chaminuka Game Reserve
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Lusaka
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a great time and I would like to do it over and over again. We enjoyed a game drive, thereafter we were treated to a sumptuous lunch (all the food was very fresh). We then went on a boat cruise and around 4pm, we went for a cheetah interaction. We got to walk with the cheetahs, caress them and even play with their tails...We were not able to spend the night but, it is a place to be at for that relaxing and breath taking experience away from all the hustle and bustle of life!

There are newer reviews for Chaminuka Game Reserve

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had taken my dad and aunt in their late 70s and 80s to this place for a treat…We had driven some distance on arrival at around 3.15 pm booked a game viewing drive for 4.30, nice chaps at reception scribbled in the 4.30pm slot.

And then to the “bar/viewing” area to get some lunch, to be told “cheese and tomato” sandwiches only. There is a kitchen so I asked if we could have something more substantial.. 20 minutes later we have the great news.. “cheese, ham and tomato..”…!
Incredulous, I asked to speak with the manager.. “Donald” reluctantly appears a further 20 minutes later and tells me no staff due to blah blah blah. Seemed reasonable to me, understanding the reasons for no staff we accept the situation and that’s that…
Only to find soon after as I roam around the building looking at the various bits of art… a kitchen full of staff..!!!!

We didn’t bother game viewing… as at 4pm we are told to hurry up and get in the car for viewing as we were holding people up…. We booked at 4.30pm…????!
The management of this place is abysmal in attitude and organisation, thank heavens it was only a day trip and I am glad we didn’t waste further money here..

3  Thank raz2xa
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It was a lovely place...and the food is indeed very tasty. The drive is not very encouraging and can be off putting. The place has alot of potential for more attractions and more animals. Overall very beautiful

Reviewed March 7, 2013

nice place, its cool, very quiet, very good accommodation, nice food, its also good for children. I really like chaminuka.
at first before I visited the place I was thinking its a bad place. but the time I went there ooooh it was awesome. I recommend it to be one of the coolest place in Zambia, especially for meetings.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family and I went to Chaminula for a long weekend and we loved it! Took boat ride, kids did horse riding, enjoyed the art, loved the sun-rises and the sen-sets. BE SURE to get up for the sun-rises, they are amazing! Loads of birds singing - such a amazing resting place. The food is great too, not to mention the jacuzzi by at sunset. Loved game drives.