“A bit of Zambian history”

Chaminuka Game Reserve
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Lusaka
Reviewed January 11, 2013

A day trip to Chaminuka is a worthwhile excursion not only for the food, art work, and game but also to have a glimpse of the former colonial life in Zambia evidenced by the large farms passed on the way to the resort. Workers villages sit next to farmer estates, even at Chaminuka. The owner is a long time resident of Zambia, has been a Government Minister, and operates a dairy farm on the property as well. It is really an interesting experience for those that let it all soak in.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was there on the same day the the previous reviewer wrote “Nice place but very rude management”, he's totally correct and honest I saw the whole accident starting from the table top mistakenly broken & the polite way he asked to pay for the damage done, up to the totally rude/ irrational reaction by the owner of the place reaching until the kids become truly scared/ crying when the owner instructed the guards to close the gates not to let them leave, it took more than 15 min until the man semi calmed down but insisted not letting them to leave without giving him their passport copy!!!!!
totally unaccepted way of dealing with people -rather than guests- specially when the whole issue was an accident and they offered to pay for the damages, the owner could -simply- accept their apology & money.

2  Thank AzizaIsmail
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The drive was awful (bad road) but the location was beautiful. Limited animals to view but worth it. Located near the airport but another hour drive inward to the place.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have been there with my family, my wife and my young daughter sat on a stone top table and broke it by accident. As any descent guest, I called for the manager and asked to compensate for the damages, and he told me that he will ask the owner. After 10 min we found an old man, whom we understood latter that he is the owner, accusing us for being carless people who have damaged his table, he really talked in a very rude way, leaving me with no choices but start shouting at him. Then he said loudly that he do not what us to stay in his "home" any longer and that we should leave immediately. We start leaving telling him that we are the ones who do not want to stay in such a place.
Once in our cars, we found the guards running to the gates and closing it in front of us. One of the guards told us that the owner asked them not to allow us to leave before taking a copy of all our passports. We started shouting at them and the kids started crying, so I did not find anyway except giving him a copy of my pasport to allow us to leave.

I really do not know what kind of place is this, that kick out its guests because of an accidentally broken table ???????????????????

6  Thank MohamedShokri
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great location, great staff and all inclusive. The road might be an issue since it is all dirt road but part of the experience. John the guide is an expert nature guide and very pleasant staff.

1  Thank NadiasWashingtonDC