“Nice food at Fang Fang”

Ranked #83 of 329 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have nice food well prepared and their services are quick. The Restaurant arranged my 50th anniversaly birthday dinner and it was nice set up.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Arnold- Grade 7
After a long week of school, Saturday is the day of relaxation. If my mom isn’t busy, we all meet up at our favorite Chinese restaurant to ease all the stress of the week and just live in the day.. It is the family friendliness and delicious food that make the weekends worth actually waiting for.
The place was nice with window display plants. The walls had murals of ancient Chinese boats and ships. All was wonderful including, a fountain just at the entrance of the restaurant. The tables had white and red table cloths. The waiters and waitresses were polite and patient to us. The background music was slow and soothing/relaxing for the mind.
The menu had everything worth ordering with pictures of the delicious food to choose from at affordable prices. I ordered for the starters which were chicken wings with an option of spiced or not. For the main course, I ordered 1 portion of chicken and mushroom, steamed rich and 1 portion of sizzling fish. We were then given hot white towels to clean our hands before the meal arrived. The food took a short time to come and was well served. It had a delicious smell that could reach anyone across the world. The food was delicious and wasn’t expensive at all. It tasted so wonderful and felt like I was floating on a puffy comfortable little cloud to heaven. We were then given hot towels to clean our hands.
In my opinion, I would rate the restaurant 5/5, I would rate the atmosphere 4/5 because of the coldness. And I would rate the meal a 5/5.. If you want to eat in the private area, you have to make a reservation. The restaurant is located around the Independence painting, next to Grand Imperial Hotel and The Parliament of Uganda. It is a very good restaurant and I recommend it for anyone that love eating good food.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am referring to Fang fang restaurant in the Fang Fang hotel. Sitting outside on the veranda eating Chinese food here is a treat, except that too frequently the cook burns the soup and undercook the chicken. When the cook is up to par the food is very good. The chinese waiters around the place have a very bad habit of shouting across the whole place to get the Ugandan waiters to do their work. the seats in the garden are a good idea but lets get some chairs that match the height of the table Those tables are also leaning over which makes them no good place for a wine bottle.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

You have to like a Chinese restaurant that served pig ears! Actually, all the food I've had there has been tasty, but it takes a REALLY LONG TIME!

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This is for the garden restaurant near the Serena Hotel. Very nice atmosphere in the outdoor setting. Swift and competent service by the Chinese waitresses. Food is consistently of good quality and portions generous. Always enjoyable.