Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
A great trip , cannot recommend it highly enough

Reviewed August 16, 2018
Kim P
Sydney, Australia
Excellent program and service

Reviewed May 13, 2018
GustavS1
Stockholm, Sweden

All reviews his knowledge safari adventure great trip game drives guide driver uganda rwanda murchison falls kazinga channel boat cruise great company tree climbing lions gorilla trekking in bwindi isaac raymond morris politics charles
Reviewed August 16, 2018

I booked on the 13 day Rwanda/Uganda trip in July this year. It was probably one of the best tours I have ever done.

My guide Isaac was professional, knowledgeable, thoughtful and informative. An all round lovely guy, great company with an infectious giggle ! We were a team :)

In fact I called him my lucky charm as all my experiences were outstanding. I did the Chimpanzee tracking, as well as Gorilla Trekking in both Uganda and Rwanda. Each time I know Isaac was working away quietly in the background to make sure my experience was the best possible. Isaac was also an excellent animal and bird spotter !

Isaac made some of the long driving days so very interesting, talking about the history and politics of Uganda as well as describing and explaining the way of life for all the hardworking Ugandans we saw as we travelled.

The whole time I was in Uganda I felt safe and welcome.The itinerary was well thought out and interesting. All accommodation was great, food wholesome , healthy and tasty with plenty of water supplied for the long hot dusty drives.

I was lucky enough to meet the whole team at Churchill on my return to Kampala. All were warm and welcoming and I was especially pleased to be able to personally thank the long suffering Brenda for her endless patience and prompt responses when I was going through the booking and planning stage. I know I wasn't easy but Brenda never showed any sign of frustration which she must have been because I would have been with me ! Thank you to all the team for a wonderful trip and for your patience Brenda.

Lastly, they must be great as they were voted I think number 11 in the top 100 African tour companies and No 2 in Uganda - well done and well deserved !!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Kim P
Isaac O, Public Relations Manager at Churchill Safaris & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear Kim,
We are honored and filled with euphoria over your Safari to Rwanda and Uganda. More so we at Churchill are proud to have made your trip a delightful one and fun-filled and our doors are always open to you and others. Thank you for sharing a very insightful and detailed account of your safari, as always we await your return to travel with us as at Churchill Tailored Safaris
Cheers!

Isaac Odongo
Marketing and Corporate Communications

Reviewed May 13, 2018

Together with three friends, I travelled to Uganda and Rwanda in January 2018 for a period of ten days. We visited Kibale, Queen Elizabeth NP, Bwindi and Volcanoes NP, the latter two for gorilla tracking.
Not only did the program have a very good selection of locations/activities/accomodation, our trip was also made all the better by our knowledgeable and friendly guide and driver Charles, who made sure we got everywhere on time, that we were correctly dressed, had enough water to drink and answered all our questions. I'm interested in birdwatching and so he also organised a separate bird guide during two days.
We had booked our trip through a Swedish travel agency and so had not chosen Churchill directly, but I would for sure recommend the company to anyone and let it be my first choice for the next safari trip.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank GustavS1
Reviewed February 16, 2018

We completely lucked into Churchill via a recommendation and we're sooooo grateful we did. They were completely available before our trip for the one million questions we had. And Isaac, our guide, was remarkable. They had to basically drag us out of the country. We'll never forget our 14 days there, and already scheming another trip. Cannot recommend Churchill enough.

Date of experience: December 2017
3  Thank wearsandles
Raymond A, Manager at Churchill Safaris & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for your recommendation. We are glad to know you had an amazing safari with our guide Isaac. We look forward to serving you again.

Regards,
Raymond Ainemigisha
Marketing

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

We just finished a 13 day Uganda Safari and wow what an experience! Churchill Safaris put together a great travel plan including all of our wishes. Brenda was quick to respond to our e-mail and very patient as we changed our plans a few times. We didn't know what to expect but this experience far exceeded our expectations. Our guide Isaac was truly a gem. His knowledge about Uganda's history was so interesting, we loved our lengthy conversations with him during our car travel. His hearty laugh was infectious and he truly made our experience second to none. We felt very safe traveling throughout the countryside and would highly recommend Churchill Safaris to anyone contemplating a Ugandan Safari Adventure.
Troy and Suzanne Sumner

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank Troy S
Reviewed November 13, 2017

We are back from 14 days safari with Churchill in Uganda & Rwanda.
We chose medium accommodation option.
We had time of our lifetime.
Pros:-
Wow, where to start. Their customer service is good and responses to the emails are very swift.
On arrival to Entebee Airport we were picked up by our guide/ driver for the whole 14 days- Isaac.
He was just amazing and very professional during the whole trip.
We have done quite a few trips in Africa and Isaac was most hard working and determined guide we have come across so far.
His knowledge about wild life, politics, history of the area was great.
All the accommodation selected by Churchill were good and all lodges / hotel had hot water facilities and they were providing great meals.
Our fav was Silver back lodge in Bwindi. Amazing views / food/ location / service.
We both are vegetarians and we did not struggle at all.
We did two Gorilla tracking , one in Biwandi and one in Rwanda. Please be aware that if you want to enjoy it , being in good fitness is important. We have witnessed it becoming torcher for some people due to altitude / weather/ steep hikes etc.
We also did Chimpanzees tracking and Golden monkey tracking . They both are just amazing too and relatively easy hikes.
Cons:-
Not many, just a couple… but if you are number one rated in trip advisor you can’t have any.
1) We were in Kigali for one night and we had amazing time exploring Kigali on our own. While doing that we missed doing the same in Kampala. And the document you sent said
According to the plan sent to us , if our flight arrive early in the day we will get an accommodation in Kampala. Our flight arrival was at 12:30 still we were based in Entebbe. I queried it with Churchill before our trip and according to his email he said - we arranged Entebbe because some other members arrive late and it’s better you sleep close to each other for easy transfers.
We will arrange for the visit to Kampala for where you can enjoy the night life and or eat out.

Now here is my issue- We were 4 in our group. One person arrived even a night before us and three of us arrived same time around 12:30. So the information given above about late arriving of other members was not correct.
Secondly , according to our guide it will take at least 1.5 hour one way to Kampala from Entebbe ,which we will have to do again in the morning while going to Murchison falls, so why can't we stay in Kampala to start with ?
I queried with Churchill before the review and they said
----
Entebbe to kampala is usually 45 minutes but it seems an important person was visiting the presidents residence which usually causes traffic and unexpected delays. Let me confirm everything from him. And having clients sit in that traffic after long flights is unpleasant hence the Entebbe option. One of the members was scheduled to come in the night of before she decided to come in a day before to relax.

2) According to the sample itineraries sent before we paid the deposit the medium accommodations options for the 2 nights were Marafiki safari lodge Tent or Bush lodge or Twin lakes safari lodge. However we were staying at Baboon Safari lodge. The accommodation was really good. However I have major issue with the location. It was completely opposite direction of the park entrance / boat cruise place/ Kazinga channel / area of game drive. I am sure you are totally aware of the situation of the road. It bone crunching over an hour one way journey. Because of the drive on the second day we had to leave at 6 in the morning and we had to opt for packed lunch. We were back at the lodge around 6 so was not able to enjoy any good facility of the lodge like swimming pool.

Just because of the poor location of the lodge we had to do this long unnecessary journey for all three days.

I queried with Churchill before the review and they said
----
The initial booking was at Twin Lake lakes which is some minutes after Baboon resort. So Baboon was nearer.
Marafiki and Bush Lodge which were closer could not get us the three rooms we wanted for the group.
---
I have not seen any booking voucher for Twin Lakes lodge. The initial booking voucher emailed straight after paying initial deposit said the booking at Baboon lodge for two nights, we couldn’t query it before our trip like we did in Kampala as we did not notice this change and it’s impossible to know about the location as we are not locals.

However we had an amazing safari despite the few hiccups. We will defiantly select Churchill for our future holidays and would recommend to our friends and family but will be double checking
PS: we took some packets of chocolates for kids in rural area on the way and we should have taken more. We only gave to kids who did not ask for anything. And we ran out. Please please carry stuff like this if you visit. Those smiles were priceless.

Date of experience: August 2017