“It is a very good hotel but a bit expensive”

Ranked #2 of 103 Hotels in Kampala
Reviewed December 1, 2013

It is a good located hotel in down town Kampala. I go there 3 times a year since 2009. Grounds are very nice and the landscape is wonderful. Rooms are good and clean. Staff is very friendly and willing to help. Food also is very good with wide variety. Yet, prices are the highest when you compare it to other rates for similar hotels in other countries. Yet, I think it is the best choice if you visit Kampala.

Room Tip: Rooms viewing the gardens starting 3rd floor and up are very recommended?
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms. Mansi66,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Kampala Serena Hotel as your preferred place of residence during your resent visit to Kampala and for sparing valuable time to write a very positive comment.

We truly! appreciate and are very delighted to hear that we were able to exceed most of your expectations.

During your next visit to Kampala, please come and stay with us again. We will be delighted to host you.

Kampala Serena Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Kampala Serena Hotel

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is one of a kind in Kampala, and it is a very nice sanctuary. The grounds are impressive and you feel very safe. The pool is a lovely resort style, and the gym amenities are the best I've ever seen in a hotel.

The main restaurant food is first class, and if you want some variety there's also an Italian restaurant, and a bar.

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, and the bathrooms are fabulous - the shower has strong water pressure, and there's a separate bath, toilet and 2 wash basins. I felt very comfortable here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Alpha Traveler,

Thank you for sparing very valuable time to rate us and post a very detailed and positive comment about your amazing experience/comfortable stay with us.

During your next visit to Kampala, please do come stay with us again. We assure you of the most relaxed and a comfortable stay.

Anthony Chege.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've been very luck as I've stayed at some excellent properties wearing my hat as an independent whisky presenter. I've never seen such slick work at a dinner, where 100 guests at a black tie event enjoyed superb service, top class cuisine and top drawer hospitality. The staff are friendly, efficient & professional. The hotel clearly prides itself on catering to the needs of everyone, from business leaders to the casual holiday makers. The many guests I spoke to on Friday night said the Serena was their first choice for meetings, casual dinners and special events. What a pleasure to stay at this fine property, for a dinner celebrating Johnnie Walker Blue Label Whisky and the partnership with Alfred Dunhill. Contact me @bernardgwhisky or bernard@waterfrontwhisky.com

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Bernard,

It was indeed a great pleasure to have you as our mentor during our Johnny Walker Black Tie dinner at the Pearl of Africa Restaurant.

We do hope that we will be privileged to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Kampala Serena Hotel.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

After a year of spending time in West African Hotels like the horrible Novatel Ghi Conakry, I found myself in Kampala, Serena Hotel. The hotel is a breath of fresh air, It looks great, the service is great, the restaurants and bar are great.. i loved the breakfast buffet, such wide variety. It is also close to the mall and business places. Around weekends it can get noisy as there might be events happening.. All in all, this hotel changed my perspective.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Thutomoloi,

Thank you for sparing valuable time to write this very positive review about your “Kampala Serena Experience”. We truly! appreciate your feedback and are very delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I do look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Kampala and assure you of our continuous commitment to always make your stay with us the most relaxed and a comfortable.

Anthony Chege.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Serena is, quite simply, a stunning hotel. It is expensive, when compared with others in Kampala, but the rooms are truly excellent and the service is superb. Food is well prepared and the lunchtime buffet, in particular, is first class. Wifi is good. Showers are powerful. Be prepared for a high level of security checking - and rest well, assured that the Serena staff really do care for your welfare.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JCCMLondon
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Mr. JCCMLondon

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Kampala Serena Hotel as your preferred place of residence during your resent visit to Kampala.

We are delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you had an amazing time. I assure you of our continuous commitment to always make your stay with us the most relaxed and a comfortable

I thank you once again for taking time to leave a very positive comment and I do look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Kampala.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Kampala Serena is definetely the best hotle in Kampala and probably one of the best in Africa.

Pros:
- Security. Be prepared for a couple of security checks before you get in the hotel.
- Decoration is classy
- Excellent service - Friendly staff
- Food is really good
- Spa

Cons:
- Noisy aircondition in the room

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andreas D
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Mr. Andreas,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to leave a positive comment.

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

I am glad to note that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you that we have taken note of the air conditioning issue and Management will take immediate corrective action.

I thank you once again for your patronage of our hotel and I do look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Kampala.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Kampala Serena is one of my favorite hotels in Africa! From the pickup at the airport, to the rooms, the gym and the restaurants, everything about this hotel is excellent. The gym is actually one of the best I've seen on the continent. The rooms are top quality, and the three restaurants are impeccable! From the moment you enter the building, you already realize that this place is in a league of its own. Also, just like at all other Serena Hotels, the staff are almost excessively service minded.

Room Tip: Always make sure you get a room facing the garden.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Håvar B
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Bauck,

We are very humbled by your AMAZING! rating and glad that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us.

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment and we assure you of our continuous commitment to always make your stay with us the most relaxed and a comfortable.