“Nice Country Club”

Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Kampala
Haifa, Israel
“Nice Country Club”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

II stayed for a business trip for 4 nights at the hotel. Check in was ok. I got a suite. The room is large with 2 rooms. 1 bedroom and the other contains kitchen + saloon + balcony (the view was the pool which was nice).
Breakfast was only ok, because although there was a big selection of dishes, most of them were empty or nearly finished. One breakfast even the juice was empty.
The Gym is large and is well equipped. The pool is big but I didn't use it.
I got a room on the far side which for me was good. The rooms near the entrance are above the kitchen and you can smell the food that is being prepared.
The hotel is more a country club.
Check out took me 45 minutes! As the credit card machine didn't work. I tried to pay in a different day but the hotel also had the same problem with the machine.
Internet is between slow to not working although you have 10 different Wi-Fi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Amit_Sachdeva, Manager at Kabira Country Club, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor and for your kind comments about the swimming pool, gym and the room.

Thank you for bringing the matter regarding the credit card machine to our attention. We are sincerely sorry that your checkout experience did not meet the high standards we strive to achieve. Due to an unforeseen technical problem, the credit card machine did not work and caused the delay. Since then, we have had all the machines checked and serviced. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this caused you. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any other business like ours, the greatest advertisement we can have is word of mouth from satisfied guests.

It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and will hope to serve you again in the near future.

Amit Sachdeva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at KCC for up to two months and it only took two days to feel at home.

Rooms:

The rooms were well furnished and the general interior design of the Country Club has been well thought out and maintained to international standards.

Facilities:

Surprisingly the gym had more space and machines than I expected and to make me feel at ease I was generously assisted by the gym staff on how to set up particular equipment and advise on how to be safe using the machines at all times.

The swimming pool is the perfect size and the perfect place to relax under the sun. The only place to take a break!

Food & Beverages:

Even after exploring many corners of Kampala, I always came back to eat at Kabira.

Why?

There is variety! Even at breakfast, the selection of fresh fruits and warm dishes seemed endless.

If you want a quiet bottle of wine or a few lively drinks at the bar, Kabira can accommodate !!

There is atmosphere! Especially on Friday evenings at Mongolian buffet (if I remember correctly?) KCC is the place to be around diverse groups of people enjoying dinner and drinks and usually a live band to make things better.

On top of all, you can have great food, great selections of drinks and high maintenance... But Kabira has their staff. Well mannered, courteous, accommodating and overall made my experience all the more memorable and giving me all the more reasons to come back!!

Thank you to Kabira Country Club and all the staff for making me feel at home.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BKC2
Amit_Sachdeva, Manager at Kabira Country Club, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments on Trip advisor regarding your wonderful experience at Kabira Country Club.

I am delighted to read your compliments about our facilities, services & of the friendliness and dedication of our colleagues. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience and acknowledge our efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My time in Uganda with my girlfriend and two nieces was absolutley epic and I honestly could not have pulled of a better holiday for my loved ones if I did not stay at Kabira.

The amazing East African vibe, great fresh food, clean surroundings coupled of with a great customer service team really helped me out.
I have been through all the pathways of East Africa since the early 1980s, and I can honestly say that Kampala's Kabira Country Club has made into my books as being the one where I could take my partner and at the same time show my nieces a great time, it's a place where you can have the best of both worlds.

I was also very impressed with the quality of the staff, they were able to assist me on planning a very unique safari tour for my nieces, which made them really happy !

All in all I was really pleased with my stay and I would like to recommend Kabira Country Club to all those who want to maxmise their experience in East Africa !

Room Tip: Beautiful suites !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Isaac M
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor regarding your stay at Kabira Country Club.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us & that our facilities and services far exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I had 2 friends visit me in Kampala and I chose Kabira. It is close to the city, jinja road for trips and shops. They were very impressed by the food, especially the very large selection at breakfast. The pool was a welcomed relief and their rooms were clean and cool. Overall we were impressed by the friendly staff who assisted us whenever possible.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank 3579sally
Amit_Sachdeva, Manager at Kabira Country Club, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on Trip advisor. We are delighted to hear that you & your guests enjoyed your stay with us & that you appreciated the location of our hotel & the services.

Thank you once again & we look forward to welcoming you again at Kabira Country Club & wish you the very best.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Overall very impressed with the quality of the facillities, great service, good food and very helpful, polite and efficient staff. I often stay here on my travels and will continue doing so in the future and highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brendon M
Amit_Sachdeva, Manager at Kabira Country Club, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments on Trip advisor regarding your recent stay at Kabira Country Club that I will definitely share with my team. It is very encouraging for me and my team to receive positive feedback like yours. If your future travel plans bring you back to Kampala, we will be delighted to serve you again.

Kind regards

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Excellent hotel reasonably priced & offer free wifi. We stayed for 3 nights in December & found the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, spacious and bright thanks to the open plan and large balconies.

Highly Recommended

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at Kabira Country Club.

We are delighted to read about the warm hospitality extended to you by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel shall your plans bring you back to Kampala again in the future.

kind regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I was there to attend a conference and I was mesmerized when I entered the hotel which you could say is a perfect business hotel or a luxury resort. I mean they have everything one could even think of. Conference facilities were unbelievable as it was above all the best standards. Food at Terrace/Poolside at anytime was delicious with a good portion size and extremely friendly service. Happen to say hello to GM of the property who gave me a brief about the enterprising management and showed me around. One bedroom suites were big size and all luxury and every single top of the line amenity. Will surely visit this place again and now with family for a good 2 weeks vacation as this place has self contained cottages, very nice pool and everything a vacation needs. Highly recommendable. I strongly felt its places like Kabira and it's management who make places like Kampala a HIT.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us & thank you for sharing your kind comments on Trip advisor.

I am happy to learn that our services and facilities far exceeded your expectations and thank you once again for recommending our hotel. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you & your family back in the very near future.

warm regards,