“Amazing stay”
Review of Fairway Hotel

Fairway Hotel
Ranked #13 of 105 Hotels in Kampala
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Spent the weekend in one of the newly renovated rooms and was very impressed. The food at the restaurant was good and the hotel is centrally located making it quick and easy to get to meetings. Am recommending this hotel too all my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
FairwayHotel, Executive Assistant at Fairway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you so for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to hosting you again and giving you even more pleasant memories of our hotel.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My one week stay was made all the more enjoyable with a personalized greeting each morning at the breakfast room, and with the morning chef remembering my preferance for scrambeled eggs. Likewise at the reception, they greeted me by name. All staff are friendly and helpful. The managing director circulates about the pleasant premisesto enquire how guests are enjoying their stay. The location is convenient for a 15' walk to 2 shopping malls . It is a welcoming hotel and one feels part of a large, freindly family.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so for taking the time to review our hotel. We are honored that you chose to stay with us. One of the ways we show our guests that we value them is by providing personalized service - we are glad you experienced that.
We look forward to hosting you again and making your stay even more memorable.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Yesterday in the rush to make it to the airport, i forgot to carry my laptop and left it on the restaurant chair where i was seated,before we had gone far my taxi driver got a call from the hotel asking if his clients had left a latop we then turned back and picked up the laptop.Words are not sufficient to express my gratitude considering that i would only have discovered my loss when i reached the airport as my passport was inside the laptop bag. Thanks a million to the proactive staff at Fairway hotel Kampala.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank w k
FairwayHotel, Executive Assistant at Fairway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal is to not only give our guests excellent services but to also exceed their expectations. We are glad to have been able to return your laptop back to you on time.
We are looking forward to hosting you here again.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the oldest hotels in Kampala so definitely not the most modern, but it has everything to offer what you look for in a hotel. Initially the room I was put in was bad but on request they did change my room and I was thoroughly satisfied with the changes one. Hotel is located in a beautiful neighborhood, beside the Kampala golf course and waking distance to shopping and other needs. No lift and as I said an old construction, but the staff and the courteous behavior is much more then a reason to stay at this hotel then having no lifts or an old construction being an excuse. Asian fusion restaurant abs live music being played over there is a plus but the food needs a lot of improvement. I was not a big fan of the food there. Also breakfast options needs some gearing up to be done. Apart this I had a wonderful stay there and do look forward to stay with them more often. Special thanks to Hareesh, the other guy with glasses whose name I do not recall; thank you for making my stay a pleasant one.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
FairwayHotel, Executive Assistant at Fairway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and reviewing our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to give our guests a positive lasting impression of our services. We have taken note of the areas where we need improvement and have forwarded them to the necessary department for immediate action.
We look forward to hosting you here again.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Reading the reviews before I went, I saw that some seem to love this hotel, while others are very critical. With such contradictions I was interested to see how the hotel would turn out for our conference. The location is great. Close to a shopping centre and the open space of the golf course. The outdoor areas are good too and interesting - is the front garden based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland? Sitting in the teapot for coffee one morning was different. The hotel has its quirks. It does not have the perfect finish of most modern hotels, nor is the décor very modern, but everywhere is very clean. The lighting in the rooms is rather dim, but the balcony was great for watching the comings and goings. There was no hot water in the sink but very hot water in the bath, so I filled the sink with the shower attachment. Problem solved. The hotel has no lifts, and as the architect seemed to want to create as many levels as possible, access for the disabled is a real problem. So why would I prefer to go back to this hotel rather than any other I have stayed in Africa? It is because any short comings are more than made up for by the welcome of the staff, their helpfulness and the speed and efficiency with which things happen when a request is made. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The food is excellent, especially the mid morning and afternoon snacks that are very tasty and plentiful. We were made to feel very much at home by all the staff, from the manager to the chamber maids. The gym is not modern, but it has good equipment and a very helpful personal trainer. The swimming pool is a bonus, lovely for cooling down after a session in the gym. So idiosyncratic but charming and I will be back next year I hope.

Room Tip: Looking towards the golf course is good. The rooms have balconies so you can sit outside and see wha...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
FairwayHotel, Executive Assistant at Fairway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and reviewing our hotel. It is our goal to give our guests the best experience when they stay with us and we are glad we achieved that with you. We are continuously doing renovations and improving our services so we can guarantee, your next stay will be even more memorable.
Looking forward to hosting you again in 2014.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My former husband and I were guests of the Fairway Hotel back in 1996 whilst he was re-claiming family heritage property after the end of the Idi Amin regime.
We decided to take a room there over the Speke hotel because we could get a room with a double bed at the time
Based on the current photos taken by travelers, I find that very few upgrades have been done to the rooms. There was no swimming pool in 1996 neither was there a bar/nightclub back then. There had been a nice garden area at the back/side of the hotel with flowering plants and where huge noisy storks, sounding like helicopters, would take off and land. There were also 2 parrots in single tiny cages kept outside the workers complex.
Uganda is becoming an eco tourism mecca and a prospering business centre as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FairwayHotel, Executive Assistant at Fairway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. Fairway Hotel is indeed a very old hotel and much as we take great pride in that, we are also carrying out renovations gradually to keep up with the changing times. What you are seeing in the travellers’ photos are rooms/areas that are yet to be renovated as well - it is a work in progress. However we have a section of our rooms, restaurants, bars, gardens that are renovated and we hope you will experience that when you consider visiting us again.
Looking forward to hosting you.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Fairway is not the Serena, but it's prices aren't of that level either. I have always found it to be comfortable and clean. The staff are attentive and the rooms are very large. Food is excellent and the welcome is great. I would recommend the hotel to business travellers in particular.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JCCMLondon
FairwayHotel, Executive Assistant at Fairway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and choosing to stay with us. We are always delighted to here that our guests have enjoyed our services.We are continuously improving our hotel and its services so we hope to make you next stay even more memorable.