Stayed at Adonai guesthouse #2, which was not very good.
1. Lack of bathrooms: We were on a Watoto missions trip and our group of about 30 had to share 4 bathrooms (one of which is connected only to a room of 6 people. So the other 24 people had to share 3 bathrooms.
2. Electricity generator was sporadic and so you have to make sure you have a flashlight in case the generator unexpectedly shuts off.
3. They do laundry for a fee: There was so many of us that they often handed our laundry back all mixed up. Luckily we were all of the same group, so asking each other for our MIA laundry was a little easier than if we didn't know each other.
4. Breakfast was pretty much the same everyday: cereal and eggs and toast.
5. Staff was nice overall, internet was charged for a fee (including their wifi)
Overall: I would NOT choose to stay at guesthouse #2 again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient Kampala locations providing clean, affordable lodging in safe and secure settings in the greater Kampala area. Perfect accommodations for travelers from all over the world. Thousands have found Adonai Guesthouse a perfect place to stay while visiting Uganda-Africa, from Individuals to groups-Adonai Guest Houses are the place for you in Kampala. Located in Lower Muyenga, off of Lubobo Close, Tank Hill Read a 10 minutes drive from downtown Kampala, within easy walking distance to banks, restaurants, swimming pools and health club. This facility has served countless travellers with a well deserved rest after a long trip, a long day or simply a place where to relax with a wholesome dinner. Sit on the veranda and watch the sun set in the distance. There are 11 self contained clean rooms and 5 with shared bath facility, a spacious dining and Lounge area to accommodate visiting teams. We have comfortable and quiet outdoor sitting areas to enjoy you tranquility and reading. There is ample parking should you have a vehicle and we can always arrange for transport to almost anywhere. The Guest House is located within a short driving distance from Kabalagala town centre ,Shopping malls, Restaurants and eateries and an International Hospital. We can provide transportation and safaris for groups and or individuals. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Adonai House Hotel Kampala