Grand Imperial Hotel
$217
$161
$130
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$56
$49
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $55/night.

$141
$103
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had mixed feelings. It was an old hotel must have seen great days and may be was sought after. But it felt very run down. It has overly art deco stair case and feeling but the overall feeling was of an average hotel. We had to stay as we had a conference in the same place. The breakfast was average though the staff was helpful. I would stay at other hotels which are walking distance such as the Sheraton.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This "vintage" hotel has beautiful architectural details which take you back to a simpler time of "dumb waiters" and carved wood. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast buffet was very good. The pool is nice, but water can be chilly sometimes. The staff were helpful and my stay was fine and also a good value. I did have trouble accessing the WIFI so keep that in mind.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was booked in this hotel because the conference I was attending was here.

It is not a "business hotel", and some of my co-travelers were not happy with that.

However, the place has charme - lots of heavy wood, pretty spacious rooms with leather furniture, a nice terrace for breakfast or afternoon Tuskers. The rate was very competitive (probably a third or half of the Sheraton next door), and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

I would come back, in particular if it were for a leisure trip.

Room Tip: I had a corner room - 212 - which was quite big, with a separate seating area etc. The aircondition was not really working, and all the lightbulbs are "cold" CFL's, but... I thought it was quite funky.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
imperialhotelsUG, Public Relations Manager at Grand Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2015

Dear Okaapi,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review!
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as the meals, Tusker's and the environment.
Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The terrace is a nice venue in the evening with live music, but the rooms are looking tired.
Queen size bed - but you can sleep diagonally if you're tall ;-)
Service's good and the location is central.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Hans B
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have been staying at the Grand Imperial since 2006 and it’s a nice, calm and value for money hotel in the heart of Kampala. All staff members including the manager are very friendly and always there to assist you. Cabs and the currency exchange shops are just outside the reception. I always stay in room No: 312 a very large comfortable room with all the amenities that a busy businessman needs at the end of the day and that too at an affordable price. Complimentary breakfast is excellent and food well priced and the main attraction is the live Congolese band that plays during the evenings – Overall a good experience and will always stay at the Grand Imperial whenever I am in Kampala.

Room Tip: I always stay in Room No: 312 which is calm and quite.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business