“One of the best Biryanis I have ever tasted!”
Review of Biryani House

Biryani House
Ranked #30 of 315 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Indian, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: "Biryani House" specializes in elevating the dining experience of customers by tantalizing their taste buds with mouth-watering cuisines such as "DUM BIRYANI" which is a century old recipe, taking more than two hours to prepare along with grilled Tandoor chicken offered with Asian fusion curries and evergreen Garlic Naan served with seasons best starters. All these healthy cuisines coupled with our new Bar, sheesha and Happy hour makes it a great place for Singles, Couples, Group, family as well as Corporates.Customers celebrate their birthday, Marriage, Wedding Ceremony, Baby shower, Bridal shower, Pre Marriage Meetings, Sendoff Parties, Welcome parties and many more at Biryani house.make your celebration memorable with Kampala's Best Restaurant. Biryani House is best dinner restaurants in Kampala, Uganda restaurant. Biryani House gives an experience of mouth-watering food with drinks. You can hire a venues for your meeting.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

A lot of people seem unaware of this place to my surprise! I have been to every Indian restaurant in kampala and this by far seems to be a winner for me by all yardsticks! The food has the original flavour and the dum biryani is the best I have so far eaten in all of africa. The chefs too are very friendly and you can request them to take your order with all the specifics if you are a fussy eater! The management also seems to be super active in implementing the suggestions of the guests. The ice cream which wasn't available last week was there when i went the next time! I have visited this place Thrice every week during my stay here! A good selection of wine and alcohol is also available! A winner for me by all means. Biryani house is our group's best hang out and we wish them luck!

1  Thank Niy0mi

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Held a dinner of 150 people at Biryani house. The management and staff were really great and helped in setting up everything. We had a wide menu to choose from and got a really great deal for tasty Indian food. The Biryani is great!

Many of my guests promised to try it out more--they were impressed. Thanks Biryani.

1  Thank Simon G
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Well this was number 1 on tripadvisor for quite some time so I felt a visit was necessary. I'm not sure how it made it to number 1.lol
I've been to every other top 10 restaurant on the Kampala list and this doesn't belong here. We were very disappointed in the quality of the food. Other indian restaurants such as Khana Khazana, Haandi, Nawab, Phaze 2 and Open House are all better.
Sorry to burst the bubble but I believe a reality check is required, the staff are great, the food not so much. Was very interested to have Chicken Biriyani served with peanut sauce, I guess theres a first for everything. The sauce was nice but the biriyani itself was disappointing.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Each dish had a wonderful, unique flavour, the staff were attentive, ordering take aways was easy. Just a brilliant place to come and eat some spicy curries.
My favourite dishes were the chicken 65 and the palak paneer.

2  Thank Hanahtarifa
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Easy to find, pleasant ambience and extensive menu. So far so good. The tastes and flavours were excellent too.
But let down with the meat in the dishes.
The Chicken Biryani, a signature dish had chicken that was bony and scrawny. No nice plump tasty chicken in sight. The Mutton Rogan Josh, again was tasty as far as the sauce was concerned , but the mutton was gristly and fatty. You had to select carefully each time you took a mouthful otherwise you'd end up spitting something nasty out.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating
Oh and they had NO ICE CREAM! I know it's an Indian restaurant but surely a tub of vanilla ice cream in the freezer. No?
So I doubt 'll revisit. Sad as it gets such good reports. But with Khanna Kazana next door almost it needs to watch the competition.

2  Thank gam8le