“Always great!”

Masala Chaat House
Ranked #40 of 300 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I've been coming to the Chaat House every time I pass through Kampala for the past 16 years and I've never been dissapointed! The food and staff are impressive! The menu is extensive and they prepare many dishes that are rarely served in Europe or the US due to effort required or the costs of doing it right. Excellent food at excellent prices!

There are newer reviews for Masala Chaat House

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a good spot to get a quick bite near the theater. The food can be spicy so you do have to take care when ordering. It can be a bit warm inside the restaurant, but a seat near the ceiling fan takes care of this. There is also an upstairs where you can eat. The place is no frills and just does good Indian food quickly.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I ate here while we were waiting for the crazy Kampala traffic to settle so we could drive home. It's in an easy location, right opposite the National Theatre where you can find plenty of secure car parking. We ordered from the extensive menu, and were impressed at the prices. The meals came out with generous portions, they were fresh and well done. I had 'Masala Chicken', while my husband downed 'Chicken Tikka Masala', with 'Jira Rice, and Naan with a smile on his face. The place does not have 5 star ambeience - but the food and made our night. We would go back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We walked into this gem just before hopping on the bus back to Kenya. One wall is lined with Bollywood (and other Indian language) flicks, and another with cheap beer. The thali was really special, with all home-made chutneys and the most incredibly textured idli vada. We also had a tasty chicken curry, but the accompanying naan was not good. Next time I'll stick to the chaat menu (it's a chaat house after all). A perfect location, quick and polite service, a nice smoker's balcony overlooking the national theater, and a very clean bathroom topped this place off. My favorite restaurant experience in Kampala!

1  Thank Ariel Z
Reviewed April 11, 2013

we ate here twice thats how good this place is.
We both love a good Indian and it is true where ever we are in the world we do always seem to eat in one.
You cannot go far wrong with this place.
Cheap beer as well only makes this place better.
If like us you are looking to kill an hour or two before the bus back to Kenya, go eat drink and sleep on the bus.