“Great Ethiopian and culture experience”
Review of Abinet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Abinet
Ranked #158 of 291 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Sweden
“Great Ethiopian and culture experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My partner and I had our dinner here yesterday and had a great experience.

It is a bit difficult to find it. Located Kabalagala 100m off the main street Nasambya Road. Our bodaboda driver asked around and people directed us to a different Ethiopian restaurant along the main street. We ask them and they knew and explained the way.

It was my first Ethiopian food experience but I liked it a lot. We had vegetarian food. I got the big bread with 5 different vegetables for 7000 Uganda shilling which was enough for both of us. Most dishes were between 7000-10000 shilling.

The staff was nice and explained about their culture when we asked. They had a celebration this day and served for free a traditional bread, popcorn and coffee.

• Visited August 2014

Kampala, Uganda
“Best Ethiopian in Kampala”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

It's a bit off the beaten path, but it's worth it. Abinet is both the cheapest and best Ethiopian in Kampala which I've tried. Also popular with the locals.

To get there, go down Kabalagala until you reach Ggaba road. Cross Ggaba road and go into what is Nsambya road. After maybe 300 meters, it's a wooden construction on the left.

• Visited November 2012