“Good food, bad service”

Simba cafe
Ranked #196 of 313 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: American, African, European
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My friend had the lemon chicken which she enjoyed very much but I didn't quite like my chicken mayor sandwich though. One thing I must warn is the service. The waitress brought for us the food menu and threw them on the table and they didn't even come back to check if we needed something else or not until we signaled for the table to be cleared and for the bill to be brought. I love the setting of the restaurant but totally dislike it's service

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My fiance had the fish curry and I just had a green salad but we shared. The fish curry was just so-so, and an average sized serving. For 30,000, it wasn't as good a value as other places we've eaten. They do serve a latte which was decent enough, and the prices average. The same with my fiances passion fruit juice cocktail, though it was quite sour even though she added sugar. When I go to Lugogo Mall I'll just go around the corner to African Coffee. Their food quality is similar, but it's less expensive.
Simba does have a nicer atmosphere, however. But African Coffee has friendlier and more responsive service, IMO.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

It has some of the best drip coffee I have had in a long time. Reminds me of a coffee shop back home. Very casual atmosphere , open air feeling ,nice clean, we'll maintained. Staff are friendly and polite, tad bit slow but nobody seems to be rushed or in a hurry in Uganda! Only had the pizza which was fair.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Only turf i have with this cafe is the service, the waiters can be so out of touch with their customers, it takes lots of patience to be finally attended too.

On a much more light note its got a pleasant setting and the crowd is usually business like, the Wifi is accessible and has some good pork ribs i had myself literally licking my fingers. ----> (EMBARRASSING!!!!)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I often come to Simba Cafe for morning coffee and breakfast. However, the service here is terrible.
It is always slow, the waiters will never come to you to ask for a refill or if you want anything else. You always have to call them over for your check, but they will not return to take it away with the payment.
Some of items, especially the salads are made inconsistently, one day it will have tomatoes, the next without. Salads are smothered with onions. Some items listed in the ingredients never appear.