“Best Japanese food in Kampala”
Review of Samurai

Samurai
Ranked #75 of 329 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Visiting Samurai is always a treat! The wait staff is friendly and helpful and the food is amazing!

The Saturday evening buffet is always a nice combination of foods, including sushi. I've never been disappointed with the array of yummy foods on the buffet!

Aside from the buffet, my favorites are the noodles and dumplings.

Great place! I am going to miss it now that I am not living in Kampala anymore!

ELMA P, Owner at Samurai, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for making SAMURAI a part of your memorable experience during your stay in Kampala. It is of great pleasure and achievement knowing you did enjoy everything including the weekly buffet. We look forward to another chance of serving you when you visit Uganda again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I really enjoy this restaurant. I have been there several times and each time leave vowing to return. The owners are friendly and attentive; the ambiance is nice, it is kid friendly. If you want to experience a nice Japanese/Asian fusion restaurant outside of Kampala, close to lake Victoria, then this is the place to go. I like the teriyaki beef, the japanese noodles with shrimp, and lots of other great dishes.

ELMA P, Owner at Samurai, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. We are so privileged to be able to serve you with all our best. We will try hard to keep it up and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

It's a great restaurant, with amazing foods such as fried rice, sushi, wasabi, and noodles. Their terriyaki is amazing and the atmosphere is inspiring. There are tables just like the Japanese' and tables for those who are uncomfortable at such a table. The service is generally very good, however they have their off-days. The workers are very kind, as well as the chef.

ELMA P, Owner at Samurai, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you Krister. It is a privilege to be able to serve you. Looking forward to a great and accomplishing service experience with you in the future. God Bless,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I quite like the food at Samurai, let me start with the only high. However, I have never met such incompetent staff ad such atrocious service. A party of 10... not enough menus, drinks delivered an hour after request, food delivered two hours after request... orders missing, orders wrong. No apology, no indication at any stage that there would be delays. Oh and a stinking rat running around just next to where we were eating.

How this place has 5 star reviews I do not know, maybe from people who love overloading on salt and wasting their lives away waiting for average crap. Who knows?

2  Thank Simon S
ELMA P, Owner at Samurai, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Simon,

Thank you so much for your review. On behalf of Samurai team, please accept our sincerest apology. It is a day to day effort to improve our service to complement our great food. What you have experience that night is something we need to take care of. I would like to take this opportunity to also let you know that we care so much about all our costumer and we have competent and courteous waiters who accomplish this very purpose. However we do have trainees who are willing to improve and learn in many ways they can. Your input here is of great help as we are going to carry out more focused training as we continue to identify things that are lacking in our service. The rats issue is more of a nuisance. We have measures in place to control this. I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We certainly has serious things to work on. God Bless....

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Chef Prado and the team at Samurai work hard to deliver outstanding service and excellent Japanese cuisine. The price is great and the menu is first class. My kids are constantly begging us to eat there. It's a great date night or family night out.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
ELMA P, Owner at Samurai, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!