“Great day out in Kampala......No need to be a Bradley Wiggins!!”
Review of Uganda Bicycle

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Uganda Bicycle
Ranked #45 of 128 Outdoor Activities in Kampala
More attraction details
Owner description: The tour was developed by Uganda Bicycle Ltd., We have combined recreation with the highest safety standards, as our top priority. Therefore any healthy person who can ride a bicycle can join the tour.During the trip, which is limited to a maximum of 8 people per group, get to see the contrasts that Uganda has to offer. We visit local shops where they make Ugandan arts & crafts. Take a short boat trip in a longtail boat on Victoria lake and see luxurious villas and apartments side by side with poor shacks where people live.We visit local schools before riding through the greenest area of Kampala. There you might even recognize some of the plants you have at home, only here they are much bigger. During the trip we stop every hour for a short rest and to provide you with soft drinks or water. Halfway through the trip we provide a small local snack in a local restaurant.Book this trip in advance as availability is limited!
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day out in Kampala......No need to be a Bradley Wiggins!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

As a resident of Kampala I am always looking for activities to do. Weekends can be a bit challenging for "out of the ordinary"... I contacted Uganda cycles and was offered a range of tours... The legs being rather creaky I took Bert's advice and signed up for a 4 hour "Tour de Gabba.". This was a gentle peddle through the lanes that rim Lake Victoria and a boat trip across the lake stopping off at various points including the fruit seller, a school and the fish market at Gabba.

Bert was a great host ensuring that the bike was set up for me, giving good safety advice and led me out of the traffic and onto fairly quiet lanes. Having lived here for while I experienced and saw a different perspective of kampala life that you cannot get from a car.

I was really impressed by the way that the tour benefits the stop off spots and that the tours have an impact on the people that Bert engages with.

The trip on the long boat allowed me to see Kampala from offshore and a good break from the cycling.

There are lots of high end tours in Uganda but Bert is a new breed of operator offering great value experiences that show a different slice of Kampala/Uganda and I would recommend this to local or drop in tourists alike. it will be on my intinery when I have my family and friends over.

Bradley Wiggins ...... Do not worry I will not be challenging your yellow jersey ..... However a great experience and has even made think about getting down to the cycle shop and getting my own bike!

Visited August 2012