“Pad thai is terrible”

Tamarai
Ranked #20 of 300 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Email for this restaurant is tamaraithai@gmail.com
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Disclaimer: I've only tried this place once, so perhaps my experience is not indicative, but I had a terrible meal here. I ordered the pad thai and the noodles weren't cooked at all. The set up and ambience of the restaurant is really nice, but I really hated my dish and that's what I weight most in reviewing a restaurant.

1  Thank Jason L

Dear Jason,

Thanks for your review. We have looked back at the possible reasons for the poor Phad Thai and it is one of two things: either we had not cooked the food completely through or we had let it cool too long before it reached the table. The Phad Thai noodles get horrible chewy and hard when they cool. We apologize for the inconvenience either way. We have recruited a Thai Chef as of December 2013 as well and the reviews have been quite positive.

We hope you can try us one more time.

Akshay

There are newer reviews for Tamarai

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a treasure in Kampala, the manager Purru treated us like royalty, the tea bar is amazing and the Thai food is out of this world

Reviewed September 27, 2013

One of the best places I have visited. Just the perfect setting for a nice evening and to experience fine dining. We tried the Thai food which was surprisingly good. The great decor together with a very professional service makes it a place not to be missed. Enjoyed, will surely come again !

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I really loved the ambiance of this restaurant. It is done up very well and is probably one of the nicer places in Kampala. The service was also very good. But the taste of the food was not up to my expectations. Especially for the price, I had expected more.

Otherwise, great place to take a date

Dear Kanu,

Thank you for your feedback. As of December 2013 we have recruited a new Thai Chef and the responses from customers have been very positive. We hope you can try us out one more time.

Akshay

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've been here twice now, both times for lunch. And both times I was extremely pleased with the service and quality of food, not to mention the great decor. Even the music is enjoyable. The staff was very professional and the food preparation is also reasonably fast. It is however, the quality of the food that sets them apart. If you are ever really tired of noise of the city, this place is highly recommended to come and unwind, bring your smartphones, laptops or tablets with you though, because this place has reasonable WiFi available.