“Love it!”

Ranked #26 of 328 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The little Donkey is an Authentic Mexican Restaurant. We serve burritos, tacos, enchiladas and more. We have margaritas, Coronas, our famous Blue Agave,a traditional drink with Tequila,tropical lime juice,triple sec on rocks and more. When you visit Kampala,Uganda don't forget to stop by you won't regret it.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My favourite place in Kampala, I probably go once a week. Cheap, cheap food, but excellent quality and extremely friendly staff.

The new building in Kibule is huge and lovely, but they still need a few little touches to makes the place as homely as the old one.

Management response:Responded October 4, 2016

Whoa we love you too. Cheers!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had the enchilada. It was hot, on time and really good. One point ff as an extra sour cream we ordered was left off. I will definitely order from here again.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Tasty and fresh tex-mex food. It was nice to enjoy dinner in their cozy terrace. Jar of margarita was delicious. The lady serving us was friendly. I was here in September 2012.

Management response:Responded October 4, 2016

Thank you very much for taking time to write about us.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I never imagined that the best burrito I've ever had would be in Uganda, but Little Donkey provided me with the most delicious burrito ever!

We frequented Little Donkey when I lived in Uganda because all of the food was so great! Also couldn't pass up their awesome churros on each visit. Cute little place has excellent Mexican food not just by Uganda standards but by any standard.

Management response:Responded October 4, 2016

We love you so much and hope to see you again at the restaurant when you come back to Uganda.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Okay, that's not saying too much because I'm not sure I've ever been to another Mexican restaurant in Africa, but this food is great and even beats the Mexican restaurants I've been to back in the States. The food is fresh and well-made, with excellent portions. Some, menu items are often unavailable though. Service could be a tad more attentive. Love the salsa-pop they always play. FYI: They just moved to a new location in Kibuli-Kampala. I haven't been to the new location yet but will soon.

Management response:Responded October 4, 2016

Thank you very much! Service is much more better now than when we first opened.