“Muy bueno Mexican”

Ranked #53 of 292 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The little Donkey is an Authentic Mexican Restaurant. We serve burritos, tacos, enchiladas and more. We have margaritas, Coronas, our famous Blue Agave,a traditional drink with Tequila,tropical lime juice,triple sec on rocks and more. When you visit Kampala,Uganda don't forget to stop by you won't regret it.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Muy bueno Mexican”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I never imagined that the best burrito I've ever had would be in Uganda, but Little Donkey provided me with the most delicious burrito ever!

We frequented Little Donkey when I lived in Uganda because all of the food was so great! Also couldn't pass up their awesome churros on each visit. Cute little place has excellent Mexican food not just by Uganda standards but by any standard.

, Manager at The Little Donkey, responded to this review, October 4, 2016
We love you so much and hope to see you again at the restaurant when you come back to Uganda.

Richmond, Virginia
“The best Mexican in Africa”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Okay, that's not saying too much because I'm not sure I've ever been to another Mexican restaurant in Africa, but this food is great and even beats the Mexican restaurants I've been to back in the States. The food is fresh and well-made, with excellent portions. Some, menu items are often unavailable though. Service could be a tad more attentive. Love the salsa-pop they always play. FYI: They just moved to a new location in Kibuli-Kampala. I haven't been to the new location yet but will soon.

• Visited May 2014
, Manager at The Little Donkey, responded to this review, October 4, 2016
Thank you very much! Service is much more better now than when we first opened.
Moroto, Uganda
“Best Mexican Food in Uganda”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I had some friends tell me about Little Donkey. They were wise with their review and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I have traveled through many countries and had many culinary experiences. Despite a few forced substitutions because of what is available here in Uganda.... this meal was amazing and definitely satisfies my craving for Mexican food!! I have their number saved in my phone for any time I come to Kampala. They also deliver if you are staying close by!

• Visited February 2014
Mubende
“Small Intimate Mexican Gem”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great mexican fare at reasonable rates. Can get very busy so go early as the kitchen closes at 10:30pm. Atmosphere is good for this small intimate little place.

Visited October 2013
Kampala, Uganda
“Don't kid yourself, you'll want a large chips & salsa”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

-the homemade chips are addictive
-quesadilla is made with Gouda cheese which is DELICIOUS!
-tacos have queso fresca
-shredded chicken is juicy and tender.. Like it should be.
-the Mexican flag is painted on the patio deck
-a social business

This Ohioan has a new favorite Mexican restaurant!

• Visited March 2014