“Yummy Mexican in an unusual location!”
Review of The Little Donkey

The Little Donkey
Ranked #55 of 300 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The little Donkey is an Authentic Mexican Restaurant. We serve burritos, tacos, enchiladas and more. We have margaritas, Coronas, our famous Blue Agave,a traditional drink with Tequila,tropical lime juice,triple sec on rocks and more. When you visit Kampala,Uganda don't forget to stop by you won't regret it.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

It's strange to go for Mexican when we are living in Uganda but after reading all the reviews, we had to give it a try. We ordered nachos, soft tacos, and burritos. I knew the portions would be big so I only ordered the appy sized tacos and I think they were left to sit while my husband's burritos were made because they were not as hot as I would have liked. The flavours of all the dishes were excellent.

The food costs are between $5 and $10 a dish which is not bad for things made with cheese, an expensive luxury here.

The location is out of the way and just on the side of the street but the patio has a high fence around it, you can sit at the entrance or you can sit inside. Not sure how big the inside is but there were lots of people going in.

All mzungu (whites) and no locals except the servers. That's not the fault of the restaurant but it took away some of the pleasure for me. That's just my thing! Little Donkey is worth finding!

1  Thank China_Kimmi
There are newer reviews for The Little Donkey

Reviewed September 16, 2013

food is great and prices are quite affordable. It's location is a little weird but once you get in, you'll b really impressed.

1  Thank Rebecca A
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Fabulous place in Kampala for those times you are really craving Mexican! Over ordered as usual but it was worth it. Street looks a little dodgy as you arrive but when we were there it was filled with muzungus and had a great atmosphere.

2  Thank Kmart M
Reviewed September 8, 2013

So I've been commuting from New York to Africa for the past 5 years for business, and only recently in Jan 2013, physically moved to Mauritius, Africa (where there is NO Mexican food!)

So my wife and i constantly crave a great (even a OK!) Mexican meal!

So in June while on a business trip, me and my Colombian colleague were looking for a place to eat.

I came across (randomly) "Mexican" food here on Tripadvisor, and went to The Little Donkey's Facebook page....and it LOOKED "OK"

So i told my Colombian colleague that i was going to surprise him and we jumped in to taxi and off we went to The Little Donkey.

So once we got to Namuwongo, the street was very dark, and my colleague was a little skeptical to where i brought him!

We got out the cab, walked across the cab, and saw a group of US NGO people eating, and another Canadian group, so decided to try it.

We order a few pitchers of the Strawberry Margaritas, Nachos, Salsa and spent a few hours there.

The food was GREAT! Even it you were to compare it to US standards, it was GOOD.

The owner i was told was a ex-Cali guy....so he knew what he was doing.

AWESOME PLACE!

Will be back there next time im in Kampala for biz.

2  Thank niknpatel
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good food, good prices, best margaritas that could reasonably be expected in Uganda, good atmosphere, usually good service but can sometimes take long (especially for Mexican food).

1  Thank Thomas B