“Really good”

Ranked #51 of 296 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The little Donkey is an Authentic Mexican Restaurant. We serve burritos, tacos, enchiladas and more. We have margaritas, Coronas, our famous Blue Agave,a traditional drink with Tequila,tropical lime juice,triple sec on rocks and more. When you visit Kampala,Uganda don't forget to stop by you won't regret it.
Kenya
“Really good”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

food is great and prices are quite affordable. It's location is a little weird but once you get in, you'll b really impressed.

1 Thank Rebecca A

“I'm still full”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Fabulous place in Kampala for those times you are really craving Mexican! Over ordered as usual but it was worth it. Street looks a little dodgy as you arrive but when we were there it was filled with muzungus and had a great atmosphere.

2 Thank Kmart M
Mauritius
“Surprisingly AMAZING Mexican Food.....in Uganda!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

So I've been commuting from New York to Africa for the past 5 years for business, and only recently in Jan 2013, physically moved to Mauritius, Africa (where there is NO Mexican food!)

So my wife and i constantly crave a great (even a OK!) Mexican meal!

So in June while on a business trip, me and my Colombian colleague were looking for a place to eat.

I came across (randomly) "Mexican" food here on Tripadvisor, and went to The Little Donkey's Facebook page....and it LOOKED "OK"

So i told my Colombian colleague that i was going to surprise him and we jumped in to taxi and off we went to The Little Donkey.

So once we got to Namuwongo, the street was very dark, and my colleague was a little skeptical to where i brought him!

We got out the cab, walked across the cab, and saw a group of US NGO people eating, and another Canadian group, so decided to try it.

We order a few pitchers of the Strawberry Margaritas, Nachos, Salsa and spent a few hours there.

The food was GREAT! Even it you were to compare it to US standards, it was GOOD.

The owner i was told was a ex-Cali guy....so he knew what he was doing.

AWESOME PLACE!

Will be back there next time im in Kampala for biz.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank niknpatel
Kampala, Uganda
“Best Mexican in Uganda”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good food, good prices, best margaritas that could reasonably be expected in Uganda, good atmosphere, usually good service but can sometimes take long (especially for Mexican food).

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Thomas B
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Great food, good service, very foreign..”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The little donkey is a nice place, a little out of the city but worth it. The food is great, service is good. The only thing I wasn't expecting was the fact that it is full of foreigners. I have seen only 3 Ugandan's except the employees of course. However, this is probably me as I prefer going to local places while living abroad. Nonetheless the Mexican food here is great! So definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank MvanArendonk