“A popular lunch place”

Prunes
Ranked #2 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Kampala
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Prunes introduces the first concept eatery in Kampala, bringing together taste, experience, freshness and design. It was created to gather the cosmopolitan community of Kampala and invite people to enjoy local, fresh produce. At Prunes, we offer an authentic experience through our healthy menu, as well as friendly atmosphere. We are focused on detail and quality: our house blend coffee is tested and approved by Africa’s barista champion, who has also trained our staff. Ingredients come freshly picked from various farms and the cupcakes are known to be mouthwatering. Our garden provides a break from the busy streets of Kampala and ensures a quiet, relaxed dining experience for our clients. Prunes also offers catering services as well as events and meetings facilities, with free wi-fi. Take aways and deliveries are also available, making us the ideal choice for 'on the go' people. Come check us out on Wampewo Avenue, next to the Kololo Airstrip.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

With a pleasant garden setting, and space for children to run around while parents drink decent coffee and eat snack-type European food. this place is very popular, especially at weekends. Despite the crowds, service is good and cheerful. The main challenge is finding somewhere to sit - the free wifi does mean people can linger at tables looking at their laptops long after they've eaten.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice small cafe for kids. The menu is a nice selection of foods. A lot of healthy options such as salads and fresh juices
The service is pretty bad though- there's really only one or two lady waitresses who know what's going on so if you get them then your fine.
I would not go here on the weekend- it gets pretty hectic. But during the week it's pretty quite.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Prunes has a beautifully designed space to sit and have a coffee, connect on WIFI or grab a bite to eat. The food is very high standard and great value.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I come here in the mornings for wonderful egg dishes and coffees (and African tea.) Then, I come back for lunch to get gorgeous salads and really great baguette sandwiches. Chicken curry is great but sometimes I have to go for the Asian wrap. The smoothies are fantastic! We also had our office holiday lunch here and Prunes prepared a mix of salads and hot dishes and a beautiful fruit cake. I don't even care for fruit cake and I loved this one. I think Prunes has beautiful cupcakes, a tad on the sweet side but still worth it. The staff is wonderful and will soon know you by name and welcome you each time.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Following trip adviser review, I decided to try this cafe. Only to learn that one really have to be very careful & critical about what people write - the place is horrible! Very unhealthy cup cakes & slow service - apart from the weird Moto-boy taxis at the door! I just wanted to run away from there, which I did! Quite atmosphere? Are you joking me? It was busy and unpleasant like hell!