“Walters a really kind and gentle soul”

Walter's Kampala Boda Boda City Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: "Welcome to Kampala, Uganda! Are you ready to experience the city and the whole of East Africa like you never have before? Get ready for an adventure!" Get the A-Z about Kampala and the rest of East Africa in a unique and entertaining way including: the history, the tribes, the seven hills, safari expeditions and answers to all your other questions with the 'FIRST AND ONLY REPUTABLE' tour company in Kampala, uganda. We do from the most budget to the most Luxury trips. Motor bikes, 4x4s, walking, bicycle, horses and mountains. All the trips depend on the client. Just get in touch preferably via email
Kampala, Uganda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Walters a really kind and gentle soul”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I did this boda tour super hung over and probably would have enjoyed it more given some more hydration and sleep. That said, they catered to our every need. Last minute cancellations, stops for water and food, changes in agenda...we were terrible needy tourists and they were more than accommodating. Walter is a genuine, good guy who just wants you to learn about Kampala and show you around with safe boda drivers. Normally I avoid bodas like the plague but these bodas are different, they float through Kampala traffic with the elegant beauty of the chinese gymnastics team. Also you get to see Amin's torture chambers (great setting for a Ugandan horror movie). I've been living in Kampala for over 6 months and didn't even know a quarter of the things I saw. All n all, quality stuff.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rahul K

Vancouver, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent city tour”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had a very positive experience with Walter's boda boda tours. He was very good at getting back to me and accommodating me when I expressed some concern about riding a boda boda around for the city tour. Instead, i booked a car, which I was happy with. Eddie was a great guide and driver. I also arranged for Eddie to take me to the airport for my flight out later that night. Again, kudos to the driver. In a country w/ only 9 traffic lights - you want a GOOD driver! hahaha...

i enjoyed the city tour - visiting the Bahai temple, Gaddahfi mosque, Buganda palace, etc. thanks for a great tour!

Visited January 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I pre-booked a tour with Walter and he arrived promptly at 9.30 and after completing the paperwork we were on our way! First stop was at Kololo airstrip, the old airport. Next, was the Bahai temple, what a tremendous building and immaculately kept gardens. I also received a talk on the Bahai faith and had a look around the temple. Next stop was the Mosque, first we went to the top of the tower, a never ending spiral staircase but worth it for the views of Kampala, including the chaos of the taxi park! The inside of the Mosque was impressive and huge! Mengo Palace was next with a sobering visit to Idi Amin's cells and execution chambers. Reading the scrawled messages on the walls was very moving. After further driving through the City we drove through a "slum" before heading back to Butabika.

A very good day and quick way to see the highlights of Kampala.

Visited November 2013
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walking tour of Kampala with Walter”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Went on a walking tour on the 1st of December, I was only in Kampala for a day. Organised it that morning and Walter was happy to accommodate me. He was very flexible as it was a quiet day and happy to start the tour earlier than planned. He also met me at my hotel which was fantastic.
We walked around all the main sights in Kampala and went to the Gadaffi Mosque. We walked to the top of the tower in the mosque which gave the best view of Kampala and also provided some much needed fresh air from the hot day.
After the mosque Walter was happy to continue or cancel the tour depending on how far I wanted to walk. We went and had lunch at a local cafe called 2K. It was great to have something out of the hotel as I had been a bit scared to go exploring.
Walter was flexible with anything I wanted to see, including stopping at a currency exchange to switch some money.

Walter and I had great conversation and talked a lot on the tour. I would recommend the tour to anyone as it can be altered to fit your walking speed and limit.

Easy to contact on Facebook and via email.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Nicki S
Newcastle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A trip to the West of Uganda”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Walter arranged our trip to QE national park, Kibale Forest national park and to Fort Portal.
I traveled with my family from India and a US friend who was in Kampala ta the time.
Walter and his friend Eddie shared the driving. Walter has a wealth of knowledge about the area. He is a great organizer. When he did not know about anything, he was able to call upon his friends to help out
All in all a memorable tour
I will recommend Walter to all

Visited December 2013