“Truly unique -- completely unforgettable!!”

Walter's Kampala Boda Boda City Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: "Welcome to Kampala, Uganda! Are you ready to experience the city and the whole of East Africa like you never have before? Get ready for an adventure!" Get the A-Z about Kampala and the rest of East Africa in a unique and entertaining way including: the history, the tribes, the seven hills, safari expeditions and answers to all your other questions with the 'FIRST AND ONLY REPUTABLE' tour company in Kampala, uganda. We do from the most budget to the most Luxury trips. Motor bikes, 4x4s, walking, bicycle, horses and mountains. All the trips depend on the client. Just get in touch preferably via email
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Walter's Boda-boda Tour was the absolute highlight of my trip to Kampala! The experience goes *way beyond* visiting the most important historical/architectural sites in the city (the majority of which are no doubt included) and efficiently riding on a boda to get to them -- which, as you're probably already imagining, will give you the closest feel of the "organized chaos" that characterizes Kampala's traffic. You'll also get a lot of detailed, engaging information of the history behind each site. And you'll get to see the best views of the city, from atop the minaret at Gadhafi's Mosque. These initial expectations are satisfied to perfection.

But *beyond* that, you'll get a close, insider look at some place places in Kampala that are well beyond the reach of the "typical tourist" -- like the insides of the Owino Market or the Ggaba Landing Site. And you'll get to try truly local food at it's best.

I also have to say that for me, the core of the experience was talking for hours with Eddie, my excellent boda driver and guide: we discussed about the past, present, and future of Uganda, we exchanged our life's stories... and ended up a long, unforgettable day by sharing a cold beer.

So go for it. And I'd say, try to keep not only your eyes, but also your heart, as open as you can.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

What a gloriously exhilerating way to get to know Kampala. Walter's Boda Boda tours made my one day in Kampala the best possible, and there is no better way to feel part of such a vibrant city than on the back of one of the million Boda Boda's hurtling through the streets. Was so glad to have the chance to walk through streets and markets I would never have gotten to on my own.

Walter also was an absolute star in giving me a great 2 days outside of the city - in my limited time avbl I made it up to Murchison Falls National Park, had a wonderful boat ride on the Albert Nile up to the falls, hiked up to the top of the falls, and went tracking Chimps in Budongo. Uganda is such a wonderful country, I am determined to make it back, and will be relying on Walter to show me some more of the sights when I have more time.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Uganda is an amazing country, but the Boda Boda Experience with Walter just completed this experience. Without it I wouldn't got to know Kampala. It is a exciting journey through Ugandas capital - through history and current locations - thanks a lot

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Walter's Boda Boda Private Tours was a great experience, especially to see a lot of Kampala in a short amount of time. Riding Boda Bodas is a lot of fun, and I highly recommend Walter's because of their safe drivers.

We visited a number of great landmarks, including Ghadafi's Mosque, The Baha'i Temple, the King's Palace (with Idi Amin's torture chambers), and the Taxi Park ("Organized Chaos"). We did not get to see the King's Tombs in Kampala, but I think that is because they burned down a couple of years ago and have not been rebuilt yet.

At lunch, our tour guide Michael sold us on a Jinja tour the next day, which we also did (by car this time.) Despite the rain and very muddy roads, we were able to see a lot of that area of the country. They even drove us to the airport that night to catch our flight (for an additional fee.)

The costs seemed reasonable to an entire day of travel, and the knowledge of our tour guide/boda boda drivers was impressive.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Walter's tours are the best way to see Kampala! Even if you've lived here a while, it is the perfect way to be exposed to the history, culture and vibrancy that make this city so great. And for new visitors, it is a great way to get past how intimidating the city can feel and really get to see it in a new light. Walter and his team are also some of the nicest, most fun guys to hang out with and will accommodate any and all requests. I highly recommend doing this, and also checking out Walter's other tours outside Kampala as they are amazing as well.