$141
$194
$715
$135
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

$67
$51
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $58/night.

$399
$90
$67
  • Breakfast included
$74
All reviewsthe club loungeequator baran upgradebit datedbusiness tripexecutive roomnice poolenjoyed my staygymsecurityafricatrainersweekends
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I was in Kampala for 3 days and I was in an other hotel in front of the Sheraton but it was not good and for couple bucks more I got a nice room (king bed and glass shower) at the foregn governement agencies price. The room was almost new and very clan. The wireless internet suck a lot and was worse than a bad dial-up. The food was good but there was a lot of renovations and couples parts outside of the hotel wasn't in good shape. It's a bit pricy for the nice room that I got, but a very good break of the africa field life that I had for the pass months.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2008

The guidebook said it was in need of renovation and overpriced, but now it's been renovated it's just great: very European 5 star standard, everything is sparkling new, clean and modern with very nice ambiance. And cheaper if you book online that what LonelyPlanet says (175 US not 300)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2008

We booked a two night stay at the Kampala Sheraton using Starwood points, so the price was right.

The hotel was very nice. It had more restaurant options then we ever expected. The buffet looked very good and although expensive by African standards, it was about on par with what we'd expect at a US hotel. Everything in the hotel was equivalent to US based prices, but so was the service and the quality of the product that was supplied.

If you're looking for a nice place to retreat to after dealing with the chaos that is Kampala this is a great place to stay.

It is more expensive than most other options, but they really do justify the higher prices with a higher level of customer service and good food/spas/pool/etc.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2tcktsaroundtheworld
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I was in Kampala on a brief trip from Houston Texas and was so impressed with the way it was maintained - the lobby was so clean - as a matter of fact I could not find a location in the areas that I was that I could say was not clean. You gave me no chance to complain and that is great. I went to pick a Black Forest Cake and everyone at the coffee shop were so courtious and I was so impressed with the customer service and ofcourse the cake.......Sorry I was not staying at the hotel, but in future I would not think twice.........keep up the great work.

Stayed: November 2006
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Having stayed at the Serena when it first opened, I desperately wanted to book a room there. When I discovered it was full, I opted for the Sheraton. My expectations were low given the terrible reviews, but I was fortunately upgraded to a newly renovated junior suite (#324 I believe). While it was a smoking room, it was so new that it had not yet been tainted. The room was immaculate with lovely views of Kampala. It didn't have any African touches like the Serena (which has beautiful African artwork throughout), but it was well-appointed nonetheless. I could hear the music (bad covers of random pop songs) from the bar late into the night, but I had ear plugs and slept like a baby. Service was slow in the restaurant and at check-in, but everyone was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I'd stay again and would insist on a newly renovated room.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business