This may sound like a very picky review but For a $200 a night hotel I would expect a lot more!
For the past 3 weeks I have been working around the Kampala area and staying in tents. I have stayed at the Sheraton during the weekends twice now. Although very relaxing to sleep in a bed, both times my room has had a tired and unloved feel about it.
I have already reviewed this hotel previously last year and was amazed that the maintenance staff lack of interest when they left my AC unit pouring water all over the room. So I was obviously quite optimistic about booking another stay here. However, on reading recent reviews and comment from the managerial staff that extensive repairs and maintenance had been carried out, I thought "I'll give it another go"
Firstly I was in room 925, I gave up with maintenance and fixed the following myself:
1. The 3 and only drawers under the TV cabinet are no longer hanging out as I have fastened the clearly obvious loose screws that stopped all drawers from closing.
2. The shower head has been cleaned and now directs water onto the customer instead of the walls, ceiling and floor.
3. The antenna cable for the TV is so short that any attempt to manoeuvre the TV forward within the wooden case disconnects the signal. Therefore renders the TV useless from either of the 2 beds. Unfortunately I mistakenly forgot to pack spare coax in my suitcase and this fault still remains.
4. Shower hose is so kinked that the water doesn't come out of the shower head unless you constantly hold the hose. Fixed by reversing hose.
5. Sockets at desk don't work. Again electricians tools left in the UK and therefore fault still persists ( sorry about that)
Room 931 ( second weekend)
Not bad! The maintenance guy was having a positive week on this one. Apart from:
1. Shower head blocked again (now fixed)
2. The shower head support is held onto the wall by pure willpower and is as loose as some of the women who frequent the bar area during the weekends.
3. Desk power sockets not working
4. Light next to bed had dead bulb ( they did manage to fix that)
5. Curtains don't close properly unless I swung on them like a crazed baboon and once fully closed gave off a utterly stunning star field simulation due to the amount of holes in them.
I'm returning this weekend,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book and Earn SPG Points! Ideally located in the heart of Kampala city, Sheraton Kampala Hotel welcomes travelers with a relaxed ambiance and a dazzling array of upscale amenities. Just 45 minutes drive from Entebbe International Airport, we are within easy reach of the central business district area and shopping malls. Take a magnificent view of the city or the well-known Kololo and Nakasero hills from our 236 guest rooms and suites, which are each decorated with a local flavor and homey comfort. Our well-equipped fitness centre - complete with a cardiovascular gymnasium and outdoor pool - will make your stay more relaxing. If you're joining us on business, we have 11 flexible meeting rooms for conference and banquet facilities - including a Grand Ballroom -with great options for five to 500 guests. A fully-equipped business centre with Internet, fax, and photocopying services is also available. Try out our Paradise Grill, with fun themed lunches and dinners offering international cuisine. As the evening falls, gather with family, friends or colleagues for a delicious meal at the Equator lounge, which stays open throughout the week with our resident DJ spinning your favorite songs until 3.00 am. Whatever your plans, our friendly staff at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel will make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Kampala Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kampala
- Kampala Sheraton