Sheraton Kampala Hotel
Jumia Travel
$131
$103
Jumia Travel
All reviewsthe club loungeequator baran upgradebit datedbusiness tripbusiness centerexecutive roomeast africaenjoyed my staygymsecurityweekendslaptopenvironment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Sheraton Kampala is one of the lovely places you should consider while on a business trip in Uganda. It is close to town- 5 minutes without traffic.
Interior decor is exquisite and homely. The beds are fantastic in spacious rooms. It only gets better at the Club level.
The towels see clean and fresh Internet in the room is excellent with automatic connection.
Food is delicious and elaborate. Annette is just awesome with the waffles, pancakes and omelette. I recommend this hotel as it is also fairly priced and good value for money

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was happy at the Sheraton, even though the room (especially the bathroom) could have used an update. I was on the Club floor and supposedly the Club room opened early in the morning. However it was not open even 30 minutes after the posted time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was on a business trip in Uganda for the first time. I have to admit that both me and the rest of our delegation we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were quite ok though the bathroom was rather small and old fashioned. The public spaces, lounges, cafeteria, restaurant etc were very pleasant and relaxing and the staff overall was very friendly. The outdoor dinner with live music, local beer and excellent barbecue dishes in a very pleasant environment is rewarding for a hectic and stressful day program.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sheraton Kampala is surely the best place to stay in Kampala, offering excellent value for money, security, top class rooms and the most friendly staff. The breakfast spread is among the best I've experienced, while the outdoor dinner with live music is enough to fix even the most stressful day. I am a regular business traveller to this country and Sheraton Kampala is always my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 6th floor are generally my preference.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Having read some of the other reviews on this hotel I was feeling some trepidation about staying here. However the client had placed us here so this is where we had to stay. I have to say I enjoyed my stay here. The room was comfortable though the bathroom was old-fashioned and not to a four star standard: however it was still clean and had everything I needed. The service in the hotel was excellent throughout my stay and room service was efficient as was the daily cleaning of it.

It is worth saying that I made sure I had a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the outside bar with its bands playing at night. However it is worth pointing out that, apart from Saturday, the music stops by 10.00pm -ish so I'm guessing that the problem about loud music late at night referred to by some other reviewers might not be a big problem unless you go to bed before that time. We actually enjoyed a number of the bands that played through the week we were staying. It is pleasant after a day's work to sit outside in the cooler air and enjoy a drink and some music.

The swimming pool was clean and the poolside service was good. I found all the staff I encountered to be friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was what I would call standard African buffet - some of it was good other dishes I wouldn't choose to have. The outside bar also serves food and I enjoyed that far more.

Security is at a high level coming in and out of the hotel - which is reassuring even if it takes longer to drive in if you are in a car. We tended to walk to and from work each day as well as at the weekends round the immediate environs of the hotel and we felt safe, we never encountered any problems on the street or in the markets. The people of Kampala are friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: My room was on the opposite side of the hotel to the bar and outside restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business