“Amazing and Fun” 5 of 5 bubbles

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I lived in Kampala for 3.5 years and went to this a couple of times. The dancers are fantastic. You can't imagine the human body can move like that. The jokes are hokey, but really it's a good time.

I'd also like to relate an amazing experience I had which is that I dropped my wallet in the dark where we were sitting. Actually, I think I went to put it back in my purse and didn't notice it didn't go in. Next morning, I went to get something out of my wallet and saw it was gone. I assumed it had been stolen and felt sick. Friends were visiting, it meant I was without my debit card, etc., etc. Nonetheless I thought It would not hurt to call them and see. Couldn't get through by phone so drove out there. As it turned out, a guard had found it, and the director had put it in the safe. When it was returned to me, nothing was missing. As I said, I lived in Kampala for several years and this is a minor miracle. The whole operation is a force for good and the best of Uganda. Highly recommend it.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank LeavingSoonest

Washington DC, District of Columbia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Highly recommend for visitors to Uganda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is one of Kampala's few really nice cultural attractions and I highly recommend that visitors take an evening to visit. The dance is well done and the emcee is typically quite entertaining. Grilled meats and a local food buffet are also available. This is fun for adults or children.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank TravelAdventureFun
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliantevent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

U have to see this, they are so good. Don't forget money for the food n drinks. Great evening, they Show you the best of Kampala, history, dance music comedy.

1 Thank ripe87
Medford, Oregon
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Amazing music,dance, and song. Informative and fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Yes, this is pretty tourist oriented, but don't let that stop you. We had a fabulous and memorable time. You learn the music and dances of various tribes in Uganda, a lot of funny and informative narrative, and get to participate at the end. My Ugandan lady said "You mzungus dance the same, like the ground is hot!"
I thought the food was overpriced at 30,000 Uganda Schilings but the entertainment was supurb. It also doesn't seem to start on time. My advice? Go, go go!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank buckup2000
Durham, North Carolina
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A Must-See Introduction to Ugandan Dance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Having lived in Uganda and been twice, this is easily the most enjoyable introduction to the country's rich dance heritage. The performance is of a stellar quality for an outrageously good price - including a wonderful Ugandan dinner! Bring your cameras and tapping feet :)

Visited February 2012