“Average place to go but prices are high for average food”

Silver City Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #183 of 291 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Jinja, Uganda
“Average place to go but prices are high for average food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just went again on Monday but I've been here several times and the only reason I keep going is because they have stuff for my kids -trampolines, video games and a mini theater for the kids to watch cartoons. I would never go other than that. Food is average. Prices are high. Service is bad at times and ok other times. Only once did I get very good service and the lady who gave us the service told us she was quitting soon because of the issues at the restaurant. Never saw her again. I wish there were other child friendly restaurants in Kampala but the pickings are slim to none. They have hamburgers, steak, Mexican food (limited), salads and a children's menu. So try it out but don't expect WOW. When I'm in Kampala without the kids, I never go.

• Visited May 2013

clevedon
“You get what you see on the menu - just”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is a chain diner that can be good and bad. Food consistent and OK, though some poetic licence about the ingredients compared to the menu :-) But it works but wouldn't eat there every night :-)

Visited April 2013
United Kingdom
“Low lighting means you can't see the mould”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I took my family to Spur for a special night out and ended up having mould on my tortilla wrap!
The waiters service was very poor and the manager tried charging for service even after serving me mouldy food.
Everyone else enoyed their meals but nothing was very hot when served and initally we asked for things to be reheated and then the green mould on the wraps was the final straw!
I wouldn't mind paying the high costs if the standard was high but the service and food in the food mall is far in front!

• Visited March 2013
Kigali, Rwanda
“Average”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nothing speceil really, I expected more. Burgers are dry, drinks are not cold enough. I won't come back. Location is great though.

• Visited February 2013
“Service? what service”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The waitress came with one menu for 2 diners. Inspite of asking her thrice, we could not understand what beers were available (we are speaking English). The location could not make mashed potatoes for me. We were not offered dessert.
Because we charged the meal, the waitress has the audacity to ask for a tip!

• Visited March 2013