“Great safari Company and great guides” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abacus African Vacations Day Tours

Abacus African Vacations Day Tours
Ranked #30 of 120 Tours in Kampala
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in planning and booking your personalized day trips and long Uganda Safaris tailored to suit your needs. We have selected the best trips in Uganda that range from sight seeing to the more adventurous such as birding, hiking and gorilla trekking. Walk, bus, or cycle through the streets of Kampala, Jinja and Entebbe, visiting local tourist attractions or shopping in everything from corner markets to high-end markets.
Berlin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great safari Company and great guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

We did our uganda/ Rwanda safari with Abacus and I found them to be responsive to their clients needs.

Our guide Amos was fountain of Knowledge and he took a great care of us.We only had one problem with him when he told us that we would take 8 hours drive from Murchison falls to Kibale forest and it turned out that we took 10 and hours to get there.As a professional guide who knows the roads and has been doing road safaris on the route should have been in the know how long it would take us.

Apart from that negative point,the rest of the trip was superb with some great accommodations.

I reccomend abacus and will surelz use them again!

Visited February 2012

Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Uganda Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Uganda is a wonderful country and Abacus travel did everything to accomodate me, I had to make several last second changes and they helped through all of them. During my trip I saw Chimps in a sanctuary on an island in Lake Victoria and had a chance to see them wild in Budongo forest. The main purpose of the trip was to go fishing on the Nile for Nile Perch. And though the water was high I caught two very large fish. Most of the fishing was near Murchinson Falls and we were able to get closer to the falls than the other boats. To rent a fishing guid for half a day is far better than taking the pontoon boat to see the falls since the fishing guid can take you closer and you can try your hand at Nile Perch. Once I got tiered of fishing we would do game drives in Murchinson Park where we saw lots of wildlife including lions! I stayed at moderate priced locations (like Red Chili Camp) but their are many options for people. I enjoyed Red Chili and found them very hospitable. The camp has several Warthogs that call the camp home. I ended the trip in Rwanda to the Mountain Gorillas - and it is an amazing time. During my time in Uganda & Rwanda I had two guides which Abacus provided and both were top notch and made the trip very enjoyable. Also my contact at Abacus contacted me several times during the trip which is helpful also.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Fish_and_Flowers
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Thank you Abacus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

We booked a thirteen safari with Abacus on the internet. Their prices were much lower than similar holidays booked through UK agents. We had an first rate guide, Amos, who was a safe driver and was knowledgable and enthusiatic about animals and birds. Abacus recommended an excellent itinerary through Uganda and Rwanda, though with hindsight we might have been slightly less ambitious about the distances we travelled. Administration was excellent and helpful, and we would not hesitate to use Abacus again.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Seymour F
nsw
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“12 day Gorilla/Wildlife adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

I found Abacus African Vacations through a Google search for Gorilla Trekking and contacted them through their site initially then by phone to confirm their legitimacy and found them very trustworthy and obliging . We wanted to do our own thing but we started with one of their set tours and they helped us plan our dream trip and were happy to change things around .
We spent 13 days in an a very comfortable 4 wheel drive vehicle just my wife and I along with Gerald our very capable driver and guide who's knowledge and experience was invaluable.
Our trip started in Kampala Uganda from there we drove to Murchison Falls - Game drives & Nile River cruise , then on to Kibale - Chimpanzee Tracking , then we crossed over into Rwanda for our first Gorilla experience and what an experience it was, I took 450 photos in one hour with them (unbelievable). We then traveled back into Uganda for our second Gorilla Trek at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest where the Gorillas look different and in our case were harder to find - make sure you are physically fit and healthy .From there we headed to Queen Elizabeth National Park for Game drives and boat cruise, and returned back to Kampala .
During our tour we saw 4 of the Big 5 - only missed seeing a Leopard by 5 minutes , the Gorillas were a highlight , our accommodation (luxury) was excellent for the most part (hot showers were only warm in a couple places) but that's Africa.
As we drove the complete way we were able to see so much of the African people and their culture up close and I have about 3500 photos to remind us of our trip.
Thank you to Jackie in the office for helping me plan our trip her english is amazing and Gerald our driver who always made us feel safe and did his best to make it a trip of a lifetime for us . I found their rates very competitive and level of service to be excellent , give them a go for your next African adventure I'm sure they will look after you.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank gazNsw
accra
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

The journey by car from Kampla is long, however once you get to Bwindi you will forget all about the long drive and are overwhelmed by the beauty of the rolling hills and rain forests. The Gorilla treking is obvious the highlight and you won't be disappointed, take a lot of photos because you will have many pictures that wont work out because of the low light of the rain forest (you can't use a flash) . But take time to do some bird watching, the guide from Abacus was very experienced. Abacus arranged a fantatic trip, the guide was very professional and knew a lot about Uganda and Bwindi, the accommodation arranged by Abacus was an experience in itself, take a few days longer to just relax. Absolutely no complaints and everything planned went smoothly.

Visited January 2012