“service a bit wanting” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yujo Izakaya

Yujo Izakaya
Ranked #6 of 280 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Yujo Izakaya is a traditional Japanese restaurant and tavern, located in the heart of Nakasero. We specialize in Japanese rice wine, imported directly from Nara, Japan! So when you come to visit us, please come thirsty! Our restaurant features a hot kitchen and sushi bar, with fresh local ingredients, and many others sourced from all over the world!
Kampala
“service a bit wanting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I decided to check out this restaurant having heard about it. Unfortunately our experience was quite disappointing right from arrival. We were generally ignored as it appeared that either the waiters were overwhelmed or not particularly interested in attending to us. When we finally got attended to - the food was generally alright and not really moved by the ambience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
HanifRehemtulla, Owner at Yujo Izakaya, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I'm disappointed to hear that our service staff did not take good care of you, and that the dining experience was not to your satisfaction.

I hope that you will come by again if you can, and give us the chance to make it up.

Please drop me an email if you get the chance before your next visit, at yujorestaurant@gmail.com.

Its helpful to hear constructive criticism from our clients, and see what we can do to improve on things that need work.

H.

• Korean first
Kampala, Uganda
“I love Yujo :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ok, we are in Uganda so inland rules apply, but I love this place and I use it frequently to feed my sushi addiction and have not had a bad experience yet!

The food is great, staff is friendly and competent, ambience is nice. I can't ask for anything more!

Visited September 2012
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

The food is amazing and surprisingly authentic considering it is in Africa where things tend to be adapted to the local palate. It's set in a very nice location and is without doubt one of the better restaurants in Kampala. Just watch out for the two guys who run the place though ;)

• Visited November 2012
HanifRehemtulla, Owner at Yujo Izakaya, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We're waiting on you to come visit again!

The official opening of our teppanyaki is around the corner;)
Kampala, Uganda
“Japanese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

They have a great Variety to choose from, a very interesting & colourful printed menu at last! Always Awesome services as well :) saw a very beautiful bird on an avocado tree jus next to where we were seated :) we got really excited when we spotted the bird. Even 1 of the staff tried to help us take a pic of the bird before it flew off!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
HanifRehemtulla, Owner at Yujo Izakaya, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thanks Genevieve, we're so glad you enjoy the environment and food as much as we do!

I noticed you've given us a 3 out 5 rating. I was wondering, what is it we can do to improve your overall experience next time?

We always appreciate the feedback, and hope to see you again soon!

Hanif.
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent seafood despite no coastline”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Yujo has fresh nice fish and seafood, in the form of delicious sushi and perfect tempura. If you are not a seafood eater, they also have great meat dishes, like gyoza, grill and other nudle dishes. If you are there for lunch, try the sushi bento box! Perfect mix of nice things. My favourite evening dish is the tuna tataki - lovely. The interior decor is very nice, and you can also sit in the japanese department where they have (comfortable) floor seating and low tables. The service is excellent. I would say this is Kampalas best restaurant! And as I live here, I visit it frequently.

• 4 of 5 bubbles