“Abuse from Manager Ali”

Ranked #159 of 302 Restaurants in Kampala
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Ordered a delivery for UGX 17,000 and gave the cayenne employee a UGX 20,000 note. I asked for UGX 3,000 change to which I was told he didn't have any. I then called up the manager to ask for change (as this was the 3rd time a delivery man came without change). Ali (the manager) aggressively shouted at me on the phone saying that I should have had change and that it wasnt his problem. This is no way to speak to ur customers. I have never in my life been spiken

2  Thank Nina D

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Monday 2 for 1 pizza is a great deal but dont expect gluten free. If you love pizza this is the plave for you. Gluten free bases is clearly stated on the menu but after months of asking I am still told not today.
My alternative was to get the lamb chops - terrible. I have had it 2 times. The 1st was so salty it was impossible to eat that was additional to the clear lack of meat of any chop resulting in me having to suck the bone. The second time i asked for no salt which fixed the problem however the quality of meet was poor.
The service has improved and many of the people I ate with enjoyed the indian menu.

1  Thank 3579sally
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Lovely place for dining and having some drinks with friends. I love the outside setting as well where most people enjoy their drinks as well as the top area near DJ. one feels like they are watching down on the crowd/people. The indoor setting mostly for dinning is quite lovely as well, and one would be able to throw a nice party at this venue. The red carpet entry really caught my eye, one feels like a VIP as they are going in the restaurant (though I guess this is not for all days, mostly Saturdays). I also loved the pool area, one would really enjoy dining close to the pool, the only disappointment is that the restaurant closes early, at least that was my experience. All in all I loved the place, the hang and ambiance, the company (lots of expatriates), the service other than one mean bouncer!! and would not mind to go back when am in Uganda.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had been at Cayenne during my recent visit to Kampala. Its a wonderful place for leisurely drink and dine experience with friend and family. The staff are good and helpful. The bouncers are polite and respectful. A great place to sit down relax and dine in a garden like atmosphere, Great food and drink selection, The prices are a bit high compare to other places. But it is worth.
The manager is a very friendly man, who talks to you in a nice way ad helps.

I recommend this for friends and family outing.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice and good ambience. the food is also good. One note for the Muslim travelers. You get Halal food here.

1  Thank kareem21