“A lovely venue and meal”
Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
Ranked #2 of 304 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Every time I go here I am blown away by the decor. It is a very well prese ted resturarant and it makes you forget where you are.
The head waiter is always friendly and welcoming. The service is on the ball and friendly.
I had the steak and mushroom sauce and it was perfectly cooked. I really enjoyed the 1/2 portion option. My boyfriend had the pizza from their wood fire oven and enjoyed it.
Overall a really nice place to eat in Kampala.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have been lucky enough to visit Uganda twice and have to say this was a lovely place to eat. Thoroughly enjoyed my visits here. Lovely food, wine and very friendly staff.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The ambience was wonderful, the waiters passionate about comfort and very proactive, the food - oh well quite tasty but petit and by that I mean the servings are not 'just' polite, they are less than it. It would be splendid if the servings were increased. I wouldn't mind paying bountifully for a meal deserving of my petit tummy. Yes, I would go back but with a pre-ordered meal for a less waiting experience! I think with a few tweaks can do better than 5 star hotels.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had heard it was a really great pizza but I would prefer to say it was a touch above average. Of course being in Kampala the bar for pizza is really not that high so I rated it very good. We went early and had good service with plenty seating available. The beer was cold but not the coldest. The prices were reasonable however we service is excellent. But pasta was awesome.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The food is good, the waiters are always around when you need them, and the prices are fairly reasonable (a bit pricey, but good for the quality of the ingredients). The best part of Mediterraneo is the decor! The white curtains, outdoor setting by candlelight, and tree growing through the middle of the room make it great for date night.