“1970s average place”

Golf Course Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kampala
Golf Course Apartments
Ranked #46 of 132 Specialty Lodging in Kampala
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for work for a month. Nothing about the place is particularly spectacular but nothing particularly awful either. The lady who cleaned my apartment never seemed to do it which was annoying but as I make minimal mess wasn't the end of the world. My place was a large two bedroom and faced the golf course so I was not overly disturbed by other residents as my colleagues near the pool found. The management were helpful, the service ok and the location was perfect for our offices and to walk to some great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2014
There are newer reviews for Golf Course Apartments

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The frist time I stayed here was in 2002 for 2.5 months, and all our duffle bags, which we had stored in the laundry room (of our individual apartment) were stolen by the maids who cleaned daily. Because they were stored and it was something we didn't need again until the end of a long trip, we didn't realize they were gone until it was too late to be able to get them back. They fired the maids, but honestly, the guards could not have missed someone leaving with 6 duffle bags, empty or not.

Fast forward (!) 10 years and I stayed here again for a week, in the process of moving from Kampala and to Mozambique. We had a two bedroom apartment for one adult and 3 children. The size of the rooms are fine. All of the fittings are VERY shabby and outdated. The items in the kitchen are INCREDIBLY basic and insufficient. You would imagine that there would at least be four of all the basics, i.e. plates, cups, etc. Not so.

This time my iPod classic, value about $350, was stolen. Obviously I didn't realize this until we had left. Moving countries meant we had a lot of luggage and a lot of general nonsense that had been collapsed into this small apartment at the end of 3.5 years and we left at 2am to get our flight. Which is all by way of saying that I could not do inventory of every last item prior to the actual departure.

Beyond that, had a bad experience of losing my room key, inadvertently dropping it in the parking lot where my daughter was being dropped off after returning from a school sports competition at 1am. Got back to the hotel, couldn't find the key, tried to get someone in management to help me, no body was there. Tried to get the guard to wake up, he was (a) not interested and (b) said he couldn't help. Eventually I went back to the hotel, found the key lying on the ground and got into the apartment. My fault, I know. But suffice it to say, this is not really run like a hotel and there is NOT service or management available 24 hours.

You might think, one burned twice shy, but I guess I thought 10 years later it would be better. I think I can safely say, though, twice burned, never again.

Room Tip: There is an upper gate and a lower gate. If you stay in rooms near the upper gate, there is a lot o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LeavingSoonest
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We got robbed the third night we stayed at the place. Apartment was exposed to the Golf Course, from where intruders came in and apparently chloroformed us through the window and stole our belongings while we were in bed next door. Hotel staff gave us no warning beforehand, was no assistance for us after the event, no support for police or insurance offered. Our inquiries for compensation remain unanswered. Obviously, hotel security or housekeeping staffed were involved in the burglary as we were targeted.

There are better and safer options in Kololo for long term stays !

Room Tip: Insist on having a room other than block 1 (rooms 101 to 111)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank Jambo_BeauBo
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Billed as being the most luxurious apartments in Kampala, these apartments failed to meet expectations. Whilst the location was great, the apartments were pricey, shabby and poorly equipped. A refurb is definitely over due. We found that the kitchen utensils were extremely basic (there wasn't even a bottle opener) and considering the lack of air conditioning, we weren't even provided with fans for the rooms. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and the measly pillow left me with a strained neck for the duration of my holiday. We were promised fully serviced apartments, but on arrival on a Friday, were told that the maids did not work on weekends (something which they fail to mention on the website). Having forked out $200 per night, I would have expected far better. LAN internet connection only which in the world of wireless is pretty useless. Although I didn't use it, I was told by another guest that her connection was extremely slow.

The apartments were in the more affluent area of Kampala and the surroundings were very green, but there was a lot of noise from a nearby club at night.

I wouldn't stay here again as it was poor value for money and didn't live up to my standards or expectations

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family