“Thin crust pizza”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Gulu, Uganda
“Thin crust pizza”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Pizza at Palm cafe' is generally very good. Thin Crust and good, fresh toppings.
I had dinner there several times, it is a simple environment along the road side. Drinks are always cold and never got disappointed in terms of orders: they always had what I wanted. They do a lot of deliveries and are rather busy throughout the evening. Pizzas don't take long, as they have a brick oven. Their choices are good (a variety of 20pizzas or so) and there is an option for everyone. They also have Pastas but really one would want to go there for the pizza.
A once I had a rather dry pizza: over cooked in the oven with very little cheese. this is a main risk there. Some staffs need an additional training in terms of customer care.
Toilets are generally clean.
All in all, above average for Kampala and better than other pizzerias around. But still needs an extra boost to reach levels of Mediterraneo, Mamba Point or Il Patio.

• Visited June 2013

Galle, Sri Lanka
“Bad pizza”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am not one to write unfair reviews and I generally like to see the positives in restaurants.
However, I am honestly amazed as the praise that Palm Cafe's pizza's get.

After hearing about how fantastic they were my friends and I decided to give it a try - we ordered take away.

The peperoni pizza had no cheese, the meat was not peperoni, the dough was not cooked properly and was soggy. It tasted bland and not very nice.

Still believing that we had had some sort of freakish experience, as everyone raves about the place, a few weeks later we decided to try again.

We order a ham & cheese pizza with green peppers and another peperoni. I would like to say that they came and we were overjoyed but unfortunately, they were worse than the first time. Although, there was cheese this time.

The meat tasted disgusting, the dough wasn't cooked, I could have folded my pizza slice into 5 and it wouldn't have broken. There was no tomato topping (paste) and it was generally horrible.

Much better places for pizza are: Mediteranneo and Il Patio - both which make genuinely good pizza.

• Visited May 2013
Kampala
“The best pizza ever!!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The pizza here will make any Italian proud. Really great food served up as soon as possible, after a long Amy, you need a palm cafe pizza. Great prices, in a nut shell, great value fr your money and leaves your tummy happy. Double thumbs up!!!!

Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Among the best pizza in Kampala.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Had heard so much about the pizza at Palm Café, so finally decided to trek across town to check it out. Was not disappointed! This place has proper wood-fired pizza. Was worried that the ingredients offered would not be as high quality as other much more elegant Italian restaurants in Kampala, but was pleasantly surprised to not only find the ingredients high quality, but together with a tasty sauce and melted cheese to perfection makes for some of the best pizza around. This is a very unassuming restaurant on Muyenga road close to the heart of Kabalagala is highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013
Kampala, Uganda
“Pizza to make you smile”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ordered the take away and was able to sit while I waited. Did not have to wait long. If I had dined in I could also have had my car washed while I ate!!

Visited February 2013