“Organised place” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Kampala
Kampala, Uganda
“Organised place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

A wonderful place to stay with good management and the place is organized. This hotel needs some more space to expand. The food is good and affordable. It has good security and I would encourage people from all corners to pay a visit.

Room Tip: The best place to be for better services. The rooms are very clean and affordable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 days, and my only regret was not staying longer. When i arrived i was greeted by friendly, kind, and caring staff. It is rare that i stay at a hotel and miss the staff when l check out. I wanted to personally say thank you to everyone there, but of course it did not happen. Thanks to the big smiles crew at the front desk. The classy waiter and waitresses at the lounge / eating area. A big smile and extra thank you to the ladies that cleaned my clothes, and made me smile with their kindness. I also would like to thank the owners and management for creating a great staff, and for the variety , quality and prices of the rooms, and the food. I miss those well prepared meals too. Thanks again, and see you next year.
Kennedy Britton

• Stayed November 2013
Adelaide
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Two of us stayed here for 6 nights
The rooms were pleasant and clean. A safe place to stay. This would have been the worst service I have ever experienced. I got so tired of waiting for my breakfast I went to the kitchen to find out why only to see kitchen staff eating their breakfast, could not care less. I spend 30 minutes talking to manager about customer service to no avail. Of the 12-15 meals I ordered I only ever got 3, the rest I cancelled after waiting an hour. In the end I bought bananas to eat, I just gave up waiting.... what a joke!
I went to reception at approx 7.00am looking for assistance only to find the desk clerk under a blanket asleep.
The only real activity I noticed was when a soccer match was televised, the staff ran themselves out serving beers to the soccer fans.
Not on my list to go to the Nexus again!
In fact we use the nexus as a ufimisim for poor service

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
brianndahura, General Manager at Nexus Resorts Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Nexus Resorts Hotel Uganda, highly values all guest comments/ reviews as they provide us with an opportunity to offer a better service to our guests.

Our records confirm that the reviewer stayed at our hotel in December 2012.
We appreciate his complements on our accommodation facilities and we once again sincerely regret the unpleasant experience he had with respect to the delayed meals and the incident when he found the front desk clerk asleep.

We would like to assure our esteemed guests that management takes immediate appropriate action whenever a complaint is raised /received and provides a feedback to the affected guest promptly. In this case, the Hotel Manager attended to the reviewer’s complaint immediately and also took positively the counsel given by the reviewer about customer care.

We would like to give a general clarification to our esteemed guests: Our MENU is A la’cartel, whereby all meals including breakfast are prepared after a guest places a food order and the meal is served between 5 – 20 minutes after placing the order, depending on the nature of the meal ordered. If a meal takes longer than the prescribed time, the guest is advised in advance before the order is confirmed.

We would encourage the reviewer to visit us again, whenever in Kampala, Uganda

Thank you!
Jalandhar, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I along with my colleague had visited Kampala for business in September 2013. Before our arrival in Entebee, I had logged on to this site to book accommodation. The good reviews & value for money made me choose Nexus Resorts Hotel. We stayed for 4 nights (weekend included).

The staff were very friendly, food was very very good (big portions)and the rooms were clean comfortable ( the weather in Uganda is very nice).

Pros - Excellent staff members - Receptionists, Waiting Staff, Chefs, Housekeeping, Value for money, good delicious food, good selection of booze & wines, lively restaurant during weekends (live football matches being screened till late), security etc. My laptop wifi became faulty, but the Manager was kind enough to lend me her 'Orange USB Dongle' whenever I needed to go online.

Cons - Distance from Kampala City (traffic is terrible), water pressure in bathroom, TV signal quality.

Verdict - I highly recommend Nexus Resort Hotel to everybody as the stay was not only nice & comfortable, but I will remember it for a long time as I made many friends........and looking forward to returning back next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ike666
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our family and team stayed here in July for several days. The staff is wonderful, very helpful and professional. The hotel is very clean, and we felt safe while staying there. The food was very good too. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Taylor P
Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am from Korea. I am a member of free medical service and i give free medicine to people. I spend very long hours at our camp work but am so happy because the hotel is clean and comfortable and staff very kind and good food.

Room Tip: Please eat the break fast it is very good and there various rooms from small to biggest and you can...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed with a group for 8 days in April/May of 2013. The hotel is very clean and the hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They have an onsite restaurant but as already mentioned in other reviews order the food well in advance of when you want to eat. It does take some time to receive your order. The hotel is secure with a fence and gate with a guard. Its location was well suited to our business in this area of town. There is free Wifi available on the ground level and the first 2 floors. Keep in mind the higher up your floor the warmer the rooms are at night. Thank you to Pamela and the rest of the staff for making us welcome in Kampala.

Room Tip: Higher floors are warmer and no wifi coverage on the top floor. Sometimes you could get the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business