“Game meat sitting above the Lawn”
Review of The Lawns - MOVED

The Lawns
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: !!! WE HAVE RECENTLY MOVED TO OUR NEW LOCATION!!! The Lawns blends the urban landscape & Golf course views with lush green tropical garden, offering with food selected all across continent and fused with local ingredients to create fusion delights. We want to make you feel warm and welcome while you enjoy our special preparations of wide varieties of meat options including wild game entrees. We invite you to relax, enjoy, and let our gardens, décor, food & wine take you to the country side! The restaurant can be accessed from two roads - Accacia Avenue and Lower Kololo terrace. On Accacia Avenue, when you are driving from town and get onto Accacia Avenue, and pass Golf Course, the first property on left hand is The Lawns Restaurant.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Enjoyed a dinner with various game meats at The Lawns with friends.

Quite a nice relaxed setting, tables up a bit high looking across the lawn and gardens, and down at one end the open-air BBQ kitchen where you could see the chefs at work.

I liked the art work displayed on the walls - in hindsight probably should have bought one piece at least, that sticks in my memory...

There were 3 separate blackouts during our meal, which added a little bit of ... excitement or atmosphere. Candles on the table helped after the first one.

I had a sampling plate of various game meats, some of which I had not tried before. Mostly enjoyed that for the experience of trying some new things rather than specifically for the taste or quality of cooking, but it felt like a more genuinely African experience than, say, the beautiful but in some sense out-of-place Italian meals we have had at Serena Kampala Hotel.

Security seemed good here and it was a short taxi ride from the decent hotels in Kololo.

1  Thank MisterPugz

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have been to the Lawns several times. The food is nice and the service is very good, something quite rare in most Uganda businesses. The décor is simple and very tasteful. Nice place to relax over the weekend.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very nice place, very well decorated with the cultural thyme, they also have a huge outdoor area in the garden, the food is delicious. I tried the game meet mixed platter, It was bit expensive and 3 out of the 4 options of game meat mentioned in the menu was not there, but it was replaced with other 3 game meat.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have been fortunate enough to have had two business lunches at the Lawns recently and I have nothing but praise for the restaurant.
On arrival we were met by a hostess in the car park and escorted to the restaurant, a waiter came and showed us to our table and gave us the menus.
The choice is wide ranging from Game meat, Indian and western cuisine.
My client chose one of the Game meat dishes and I went for a curry, both were cooked to perfection by the chefs who you can see preparing the food.
This is defiantly a venue I would recommend to any one looking for a good meal in a nice quite setting.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Efficient and friendly service, good food well cooked, and a lovely environment. What more could you ask for? The house wine was even very drinkable. In a city where the quality,of the food and the friendliness of the service is often suspect, you could do a lot worse than eating here.