“Nearly perfect...”
Review of The Lawns - MOVED

The Lawns
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: !!! WE HAVE RECENTLY MOVED TO OUR NEW LOCATION!!! The Lawns blends the urban landscape & Golf course views with lush green tropical garden, offering with food selected all across continent and fused with local ingredients to create fusion delights. We want to make you feel warm and welcome while you enjoy our special preparations of wide varieties of meat options including wild game entrees. We invite you to relax, enjoy, and let our gardens, décor, food & wine take you to the country side! The restaurant can be accessed from two roads - Accacia Avenue and Lower Kololo terrace. On Accacia Avenue, when you are driving from town and get onto Accacia Avenue, and pass Golf Course, the first property on left hand is The Lawns Restaurant.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a great find - lovely atmosphere with outside tables on the lawn with rabbits!!

Used to do excellent steaks however last visit we were a little disappointed - hopefully standards have now been raised to what they were before.

The_Lawns_Restaurant, Owner at The Lawns, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thanks for your review. We indeed had some issues with our Beef Fillet supplies earlier in the year, however it was immediately resolved by changing our supplier. We can assure you that our Steak are far better than what it used to be in early this year, because of better quality of meat and marination. Please do visit us again and try out Steak.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

great garden, nice decoration, great food, good service. this is the place if you want to relax and enjoy.

1  Thank jose677

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been to 'the lawns' about 25 times and I never got disappointed. The environment is relaxing and well maintained. It is a quiet place with a great atmosphere. The two playing and running bunnies make it perfect.
The meals are absolutely delicious and nicely served. And what I am most impressed is the service. The waiters are attentive, polite and helpful. Really well trained staff, which is hard to find elsewhere in Kampala.
If you go with toddlers, they provide highchairs and there is plenty of space for them to run around and play football.
I can fully recommend this place!

Thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The restaurant is located in a serene environment in the upscale Kololo suburb of Kampala city. They have lots of international dishes and it's one of the few restaurants in Kampala that offers game meat. It's great for couples as well as family get aways

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We visited 'The Lawns' a few weeks ago. The setting is what most people remember about The Lawns. Upon entering the courtyard you are most likely going to be greeted by 2 happy bunnies on a lawn full of outdoor seating. We visited in the evening but i can imagine this place gets very lively on a weekend afternoon.

I remember our food being good but not very remarkable. We tried a variety of things on the menu; chicken, beef, fish. Everyone was pleased with their meals but nothing ordered was something I absolutely must try again. We did order some of the game meat appetizers and I cannot recommend them. I'm not a fan of game meat but there was something slightly odd about the way these dishes were prepared. They have a nice wine selection, and we had a nice bottle with our meal.

The staff was competent but our waiter seemed a bit too timid.

This is a popular spot and I'm sure we'll return at some point. The menu has a wide variety of western, Indian, and African dishes so I'm sure whenever I go I'll find something to satisfy.