“Amazing Service/Safe and Secure”
Review of The Lodge

The Lodge
Ranked #51 of 210 Kampala B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I stayed at the lodge twice over the last 3 months. The staff is simply amazing! Alex will get anything you need him to, Tessie and the other cleaning ladies kept the room in top shape and the food was superb. Best eggs ever! Robert (the Owner) personally introduced himself and made sure all of our needs were met. We were only suppose to make one trip and prepaid for 1 month. While in Kampala we found out we needed to leave early and return in December. Robert kindly offered to save a room for us even though it was a very busy time of year with the holidays. He in no way had to do that. No further charge, just adjusted dates of stay.

Wi-fi worked great and generators always kicked on within 5 minutes of power failures. The best feature was how safe the lodge was. I never had to worry about leaving personal posessions in the room. All windows had bars, and the lodge was secured with gates and 24 hour guards.

The lodge was better than we could have ever dreamed and the price was simply amazing compared with other lodging options. Would highly recommend to any travelers!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrentEvans
There are newer reviews for The Lodge

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I picked The Lodge off TripAdvisor and wasn't disappointed. The double room was basic but very spacious and there was a nice breeze that kept the room cool. The room and bathroom were very clean. I had a nice sitting and eating area outside my room. Breakfast was well done and tasty. The location is a 2 house compound between Kampala and Entebbe. It was a good location for this trip but there is nothing in the area to see or walk to. The grounds are very nice and they are supposed to be putting in a pool, so that would be a great way to pass the time. Very nice people own and run the lodge and the staff was very accommodating. The internet was spotty but they are working to upgrade it. I would go back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank happytrailsagain
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We have just returned from our week stay in Uganda.The Kampala Lodge is set back off the main road and away from all the hustle and bustle.It is very clean and more like a private home than a hotel.The staff are very friendly and helpful.we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here .This hotel is excellent value for money and so much nicer than the flash hotels in the city centre.!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jamilDubai
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Traveling to Uganda for a wildlife safari, we did a lot of web-based research on the many lodging options in the country where we would be staying. The Lodge looked like a good bet, but we really couldn't be sure until we arrived. From the moment we entered the lobby, we knew that this was the right place for us. The warmth and friendliness of the owner and staff made us feel completely at home, yet we also could find total quiet and privacy in our large, clean room. The solid, non-motel-like furniture helped foster a home-like atmosphere. The hotel is set back far enough from the highway which makes it easier for public transport. Since we had not been to the country before, we had lots of questions, and owners and staff turned out to be a wealth of information. We quickly learned to look forward to their "continental breakfast," full of homemade goodies such as apple crisp, fresh fruit salad, and quiche, with a different menu every day. The location was ideal:, and we had easy access to the Village and restaurants, even in bad weather. For us, the true test of lodging is how we feel about it a week or two later, when the "vacation glow" has faded. The Lodge kampala now has a special place in our hearts, as one of the best all-around places we have stayed on a winter vacation. -- Jerome and friends from New England

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2010

My husband is not a fan of B & B's -- but when I sent him the website for Kampala Lodge he said, "book it!". This is a place that men will tell their friends about (women will,too) - no flowered wallpaper or fragile antiques in sight!. The Lodge is a beautifully designed -- with great beds,plenty of water pressure to get the dirt off after a day of outdoor activities, and of course, its clean, clean, clean. The rooms are decorated with the lodge theme -- the birds are found in abundance everywhere you look -- Guests can sit in the great room and watch the near by panorama. I loved sitting outside and breathing in the lake Victoria air! I wanted to bottle the smell and take it home with me. The air is just one of the things I enjoyed on my recent 4 night stay at the lodge. I also enjoyed the wonderful hospitality of the owner and his staff. My husband and I felt relaxed and welcome. Every morning there was a different breakfast to look forward to -- stuffed French toast, ricotta cheese pancakes, Asiago cheese omlet, etc.etc. We also got suggestions for where to go and how to get there from Robert-- who is a fountain of information and enthusiam for the country being a travel agent himself. There are lots of things to keep you busy for the length of your stay. If you love the outdoors and nature you will never run out of adventures in this area of Kampala. We went to the the beaches in Entebbe and ate some terrifiic food. Upon our return from a long day of touring we were greeted with home baked cookies,-- the end to a perfect day of relaxation. We really had the feeling that we "got away from it all" for a few precious days. This is THE SPOT to go to if you want to relax and unwind. The other guests we met at the lodge were interesting and friendly -- but never intruded on our space or time -- just offered friendly conversation at breakfast or in the evening.. Don't wait for a special occasion to visit the Lodge -- you never need an excuse to enjoy yourself, I would definitely return to the lodge again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mozelo
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I stayed at The Lodge kampala for 3 weeks while I was visiting kampala on a business trip and conference. All I can say is FANTASTIC what an incredible place. The rooms are newly refurbished with top quality finishes, the staff very accommodating, my room was spotless and my bed was a welcoming gift after my long day at work. The kitchenette was stocked with all the necessary. It felt like home away from home. I have never had such devine coffee, they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and mostly use local and organic ingredients to prepare their meals, you have to visit this "one in a million " guest house in Uganda.

Thanks to all the staff - what a wonderful experience, I will definately be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank brnn24
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I love TheLodge Kampala! My colleagues and I held a week long Executive retreat there in February and it was an expereince I will long cherish.And here it is: for all the luxury, beautiful decor, exquisite food, lovely surroundings, it is people who make a place. And in the end it was The lodge staff who created the hotel's wonderful ambience. From the maids, to the restaurant staff, to reception, I have seldom met a friendlier, more welcoming group of interesting, engaging and engaged people. Robert and his team are really to be congratulated, and more than that, sincerely thanked.

The Lodge not only has great facilities, beautiful rooms, but the staff are absolutely wonderful, every single person from Robert and Sam to Anna the gatekeeper. Everyone responded promptly to our every request.The staff's friendliness and eagerness to help along with the great location in a great neighbourhood helped to wipe away the stress and make us feel truly relaxed. I hope I can go back just to soak in the calmness and the warmth of the staff. Five stars guest house!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business