“Very Good!!!”

Ranked #48 of 195 Kampala B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Very Good!!!”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I loved this guest house in many ways! The chef,the staff and owners are such great hosts.
The rooms are spacious with white linen for beddings.The cleaners keep this place in a clean state all the time even when it has just rained.

The breakfast is basic but sufficient.the internet is free though some times spotty.Overall,I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: The suite is lovely!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank james O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 10, 2011

On heading to Uganda, I really did not know where to start from as an Indian, and just wanted a small place to spend a night and then start off the next day with a new beginning probably get a nice place, as I searched, came across Kampala Lodge, and as a matter of fact was hesitant to pay the money before I arrived, as I was so scared about Africa.

When I got there, I finally got a feeling of being at home, the staff, Alex, Robert were really good to me and I indeed did not look no more for another place to stay at while in Kampala. Surely, they helped in organising my transportation around town and advised to the cheapest way to get to Jinja to see the Madhvani Group of Companies.

I will definitely go back there!

Room Tip: You should ask for the room with a kitchenette, really great!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Don't let the rutted dirt road leading up to the place fool you. Set in a neighborhood just off the main highway, the entrance gate opens up to a pleasant garden and courtyard. There are only 13 rooms here. The reception and dining area look like someone's house more than a hotel. There is free internet, when it is working. TV in the room is useless, it gets no reception at all. Beds are good and firm, with nice bedding. Bathroom looks a little bit mroe used, but otherwise usable. Breakfast is a basic fried egg with toast, but they do provide some fresh fruit with it. There is not much else around this area. Overall, not a bad place to stay for an overnight in the Kampala area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank EisBaer
Aalten, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 26, 2011

After arriving at Entebbe Airport The Lodge in Lweza Kampala is only 30 minutes away and a wonderful place for the first (or last) night in Uganda. It is close tot Entebbe Road, but very quiet. The rooms are spacious and very clean, the food is good and the staff is very friendly. I really recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helma333
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed August 27, 2011

A home forevermore! Can you Imagine being in the place whereby everything is functioning and I mean everything as per your wish! Trust me most of the time I had to be out to carryout my duties but getting out of the gate it was a struggle as I never wanted to leave my home, my new family with all the love, care, , surroundings and the excellent atmosphere at large!!! The place is a WOOOOOOW, I will be back, Guys give it a try you will never regret!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank SS2010_11
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Lodge is very basic type of accommodation with bed, TV and bathrooms. I stayed here on the first night of my arrival in Uganda and we were booked to stay here again for 2 nights 3 weeks later but changed our booking to elsewhere due to it's location and showers.
There was no water pressure in the shower head which made it unpleasant as I had been traveling for over 26 hours. The water did not drain well either. We decided not to come back as it was too far from Kampala city and there wasn't anything to do nearby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justine G
NSW
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We recently travelled to Uganda to catch up with some family, and decided to stay at The Lodge for the two weeks we were abroad. We were all very impressed with the food, service, attention to detail and friendly staff. The administration staff, particularly Olivia, is excellent, and we had no problems with our bookings and accounts. Alex and Robert (chef) are just as helpful. Whether you wanted dinner at 6:00pm or at 10:00pm nothing was a problem. Meals were personalised and we basically had our 'own chef' for the duration. The rooms were always kept neat and tidy too. We would definatly recommend The Lodge to anyone considering accomodation in Kampala. The excellent value for money, guest to staff ratio, and location make The Lodge a one of a kind in Kampala. (Thanks again to all the staff and to the boss, keep up the great work. We will see you again soon).

Room Tip: The double room is excellent value for money
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends