“GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golf Course Hotel

You added Golf Course Hotel to your Saves list
Golf Course Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot 64-86, Yusuf Lule Road | P.O.Box 22774, Kampala, Uganda   |
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Kampala
Nairobi
“GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The revolving restaurant is one of the outstanding features of the hotel that is smack in the centre of the city.
One can get a good bird’s eye view of the city and its environs from this vantage point situated at the roof top.
The location of the hotel is ideal if one is doing business within the city centre.
However the traffic is heavy during most parts of the day so getting round is difficult unless one plans on walking or using the rather precarious boda boda which are motor bike taxis.
The food is wholesome and the waiters are willing sometimes to prepare something that is not on the menu. The hotel is adjacent to a large shopping mall and so feels larger than it actually is.
The beds are large and comfortable and the rooms relative spacious.
The lobby is a bit cramped and there is not much outdoor space unless one is sitting at the restaurants or bars that have small individual terraces that extend out over the pool for a secluded effect for the bar patrons, however the pool is in full view of the patrons as it winds round the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: The suites are spacious and over look the road as well as the golf course. Some rooms overlook the r...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Shimuli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Genova, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Slept here for two nights during a business trip and I have nothing to complain about it.
The staff is friendly and ready to help, very nice room, good restaurant and good breakfast. For the money we paid is a very good place where to go in Kampala.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank umarchesi
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in February 2014. Its well located near the central business district and right next to 2 big malls.

The meals are reasonably good - i especially loved their breakfasts. There are 4 restaurants at this hotel which was a nice touch.

The rooms are very large but you can easily see the age on the carpets and the bathroom but it a very functional hotel especially if you are a business traveller. My room faced the busy Yusuf Lule Road and the sound of cars in the night and early morning can be a bit unsettling.

My check-in and check-out process was fairly efficient but can still be improved.

Overall, its a good functional hotel and will stay here again next time am in Kampala on business.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I just spent almost a week at the Golf Course Hotel and think that it's a very good option when staying in Kampala. That being said, I had to change rooms because the first room had an internal door lock that didn't work and windows that wouldn't shut properly. This was great if you are a bug but not so great if you wish to sleep undisturbed by them. It also took me a very lonnng time to check out. The folks at the front desk seemed to be very disorganized and un-informed about everything from paying by credit card in the local currency to the actual charges on the bill. Those points aside, it was nice that the hotel had several restaurant options; is close to the central business district; is right next to two malls; and was fantastic about helping to locate transportation. I wound up using Kusain Kawesa as my driver for the week. I would highly recommend him. He is located at the hotel and can also be reached on his mobile at +256 705 052 350. I also really liked the room that I was changed to as it overlooked the golf course. It was great to see the cranes flying/walking around. Not something you see everyday (at least where I live). I would easily stay here on my next visit to Kampala.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the golf course are quieter than those facing the road. The rooms are pretty large...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I regularly stay in this hotel Very comfortable hotel with very good ambiance, clean rooms. Room size is very big. Clean toilets. House Keeping is xcelent. Food is good. Best parts is – you can pay visit to the casino & shopping mall very safely.

Room Tip: Any Golf Course View Rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay...not too bad. Like the fact that some rooms have a proper shower. Get a golf course facing room even though it isn't much of a view. The rooms not facing the golf course face a very busy road. The carpets and furniture are really dated and should be changed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I arrived in Kampala late one morning, and decided to do brunch before going out to meet my customers.Interestingly I chose a secluded seat at a corner of a dining room and ordered my meal. As I waited a guy came and sat besides me out of the blue....I thought that is 1st rather intrusive and second quite odd given that there were 15 odd tables unoccupied all over the dining area.None the less I chose to ignore him. He ordered a cup of tea and was quite fidgety through out. My meal and his finally arrived and he continued being extremely fidgety at this point. I became suspicious that something was a miss but couldn't quite tell what. A few minutes later I started feeling extremely dizzy and everything began to get hazy.I couldn't even use the cutlery properly. I had this sensation of " This guy has drugged me and if I don't get up now, I will surely black out. I managed to get up, I could hardly hold my phone and I pad that were on the desk.I staggered towards the waitress and alerted her as to how I was feeling and my suspicions of the charecter.She did nothing, but stood stock still. It is then I noticed a water dispenser and decided to drink copious amounts of water to dilute whatever it was I had ingested. When I noticed no action being taken I went to the reception, by now I really struggling to walk the 20 meters or so there. When I eventually made it I repeated my story and pointed out the fellow. Still no action. Finally I decided to tell all and sundry what is going on.I managed to call home. Strange thing is it took me forever to recall how to work the phone. Eventually I regained enough strength and will power to go back to the dining area.I grabbed the security man and demanded he act or else I will. He finally did. When he asked the waitresses where the food I had been eating was, they said they had poured it (how convenient I thought). Thanks to God and for friends and family, in a few minutes I was in hospital getting whatever toxins I had flashed out. I had to check out, despite having already paid. The hotel even charged me for the drugged meal that I barely ate. I am well now but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.Even my worst enemy!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
13 Thank Kenneth O

Travelers are raving about these Kampala hotels